Artemis: Death of a sea child

I felt my heart shatter when I saw Percy walk away. I understood the symbolism. He walked away from our friendship. From us.

I straightened up, despite how much I wanted to curl up in a ball and cry at the loss of my best friend and walked out of the Mansion, putting on a brave façade. It wouldn't do good to act weak or to show vulnerability.

I am Artemis, the Olympian goddess, not some weak mortal who cries over a loss of best friend.

But I couldn't. no matter how much I wanted to.

But if he wanted space, then that's what he will get. He wants to stay away from me? Fine. But he will need to come and talk if he wants to reconcile.

*Time Skip*

Days passed. Percy never talked me. Every time I approached him, he would be talking with someone. It didn't take Athena to figure that he was avoiding me. Not only me though, he was also avoiding Orion.

We were the only people he was avoiding. He talked to the hunters and even managed to get the newer recruits to look up to him as an older brother.

I was jealous, I won't deny it. Everyone got to talk to him but me. Something had happened while I wasn't here and it was between Orion, Percy and me which was strange.

I was talking with my hunters about where to go when Orion got up and walked out without warning.

I narrowed my eyes and followed him, much to the confusion of my hunters but they didn't follow me.

I followed him to a clearing where Percy was sharpening his sword. Orion drew his and put it in front of Percy, on the level of hi neck.

Orion spat, "I told you to stay away from Artemis."

Percy looked up, not at all fazed by the sword pointed at his neck. He got up casually, before disarming Orion with his hands. It was so fast that I didn't even see it.

When Orion realised, he didn't have his sword, he tried to punch Percy. Keyword: Tried. Percy dodged it before tripping him onto the ground and materialising a dagger and holding it at Orion's throat.

He said, coldly, "I know what you said. I am staying away from Artemis but not because of you. Sure, you are one of the reasons but not completely. So next time, think before you challenge a god of swordsmanship."

Orion nodded vigorously and Percy got off him and gave him back his sword. I flashed away before they could realise, I had watched their interaction. I was furious.

HE TOLD PERCY TO STAY AWAY FROM ME! I WILL KILL HIM.

No, Poseidon will punish you and your hunters if you do. Just wait for him to mess up. My logical side said.

I waited for Orion to come and soon, he did. I glared at him and asked, "Where were you?"

He froze before saying, "Percy called me and then threatened me to stay away from you. When I refused, he started attacking me. I defended myself and came here where I know he won't attack me."

I nodded on the outside but on the inside, I was making plans on how to kill him. He was lying right to my face.

I got up and looked at the sky and muttered, "I wish Orion dies. I don't want him here, but I don't want to incur Poseidon's wrath."

The sky rumbled slowly, and it seemed comparatively brighter before it faded back into normal.

I shook it off and went to do the chores. We were going to move tomorrow after all. We have never stayed in any camp for longer that 2 weeks, so the girls were getting bored here and wanted action. So, I needed to pack my things and help the newer recruits before getting my assignment from Dad.

After finishing the packing, I saw Percy walking towards us. My hope raised that he might finally talk to me, but he walked past me, ignoring me. I looked down but saw him hugging all the other hunter's goodbye.

After farewells, we left. I looked back to see Percy looking at me and waved. I waved back, glad that he wasn't completely ignoring me. The second we were away, I scooted away from Orion.

Now I just need to figure out how to get rid of Orion.

"Orion, I need you to leave the hunt."

All the hunters stopped and looked at me with wide eyes. Orion looked at me in shock before he narrowed his eyes at me and asked, "What did you say?"

I answered, icily, "I need you to leave."

"Why?"

"Because I know what you did. You asked Percy to stay away from me. You raped Merope which ended up in you being blinded. I need you to leave. Leave!"

"But..."

I shouted, "LEAVE!"

He looked at me coldly and without a word left. I glared at his direction before sighing and walking forward, ignoring the looks and whispers of the hunters.

We headed forward, completely unaware of a presence following me.

*Time Skip*

I was hunting for a deer for dinner when I saw a movement to my right. I notched an arrow and held it there pointing it at the intruder.

After a few seconds, Apollo stepped out standing there looking like he was having a blast.

He looked at me and a big grin appeared as he said, "Lil Sis, didn't know you were here."

I rolled my eyes and said, "I am older than you Apollo and I know you are here to talk to me, so spit before I destroy your baby making machine."

He winced and said, "Well I was to have an archery competition with you."

"What's in it for me?"

He thought about it before saying, "Your hunters get to use me as an archery board."

So, he was serious, considering he doesn't like to be an archery board at all. I agreed and we walked to a cliff.

He raised his arm and said, "Wait here for a minute. I need to setup and I don't want you to see it."

I narrowed my eyes but nodded reluctantly. I am pretty sure, I am going to win, and he will be a board for the amusement of the hunters. But there was a feeling of something bad in the back of my head.

After a few minutes, Apollo came and said, come on. He led me to the edge of the cliff overlooking the water. What was surprising was that there was no archery board or anything here, meaning he lied.

I turned to glare at Apollo, but he said, "Ok, you see that fish in the water."

I was about to retort saying that there were several fishes, but one huge fish caught my attention. I nodded and readied my bow.

He said, "You get to shoot first. Kill it and I'll be your hunters' archery board for a day. Deal?"

I smirked and nodded before notching an arrow and shooting with my godly power. Hey, he never said I can't use my powers.

A loud yell of pain broke me out of my reverie as I noticed the 'fish' I had shot was none other than the son of Poseidon. I immediately realised what happened and turned to where Apollo was, but he wasn't there anymore. That idiot tricked me into killing Orion.

I was about to jump into the water when I realised that I couldn't go into his domain, unless invited. I sighed angrily and flashed to the hunters' camp and noticed all the hunters grouped together with weapons out, no doubt to protect themselves from whoever caused the yell of pain.

I said, "Girls put your weapons down."

They obliged and my oldest hunter, Phoebe, asked, "What was that?"

I said, "Sit down all of you. I need to tell you guys something."