𝙋𝙡𝙖𝙮𝙡𝙞𝙨𝙩 + 𝙄𝙣𝙩𝙧𝙤𝙙𝙪𝙘𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣

Caribbean Queen - Billy Ocean

Left hand free - alt-J

Up Up - Sandollar

High School Lover - Cayucas

Someone To You - BANNERS

18 - One Direction

I Will Wait - Mumford and Sons

Bad Liar - Imagine Dragons

Animals - Neon Trees

It's Time - Imagine Dragons

Take a Slice - Glass Animals

Cough Syrup - Young the Giant

Never Forget You - Noisettes

Are You Gonna Be My Girl - Jet

Welcome to the Blake Parade - My Chemical Romance

Feeling Good - Michael Buble

Dancing on my own - Robyn

Stolen Dance - Milky Chance

Love Story - Taylor Swift

The one that got away - Katy Perry
(These are really just songs that I listened too while writing/or reminded me of one of the characters in a way)

Introduction

Sarah Cameron may have been the kook princess, but she was nothing compared to Malia Dae Beifong, the queen.

Malia was a smart, respectable girl. Ever since her arrival on Figure Eight, she was expected to be the overly-spoiled posh girl every kook was supposed to be. Dress nice, use your intelligence, aim for the best grades, stay out of trouble, and lastly, whatever you do, do not get yourself involved with the pogues. A rule that Malia hated so dearly.

A rule that she went against every chance she had.

Malia Beifong was pristine, pure, and innocent. She had come from a long line of wealthy, successful ancestors. So it only made sense if she hung out with the most promising young souls, correct? Well, that's where you'd be wrong.

The Beifong's had moved from Duoyishu, Yuanyang County. A small town in China, to a small island, the Outer Banks. "Paradise on Earth" as it was called. The place where you either had two houses or two jobs. It was home to the kooks and the pogues. Malia herself was what you'd see as a kook. Rich, pretty, if she wanted, at the snap of her fingers, people would come running to assist her in whatever she needed. Her friends, not so much.

John B, JJ, and Pope are what you'd classify as the pogues. Hard workers who normally were the ones to assist the kooks. Kiara was like Malia, a kook who'd rather surround herself with pogues.

Malia's parents never knew why she'd rather be running around with a bunch of 'dirty kids'. Her mother practically loathed them. She had scolded Malia countless times that what she had was far too valuable to lose to a bunch of "no-good brats", and that they'd only get her into trouble, and every single time Malia would fight back and tell Kumiko how she was wrong. Malia loved those kids. They protected her, laughed with her, cried with her. They were everything she wanted to be. Everything she wanted in a family.

With the pogues, Malia wasn't seen as some goddess sent from above, she was seen as a normal teenage girl. To them, she was actually quite clumsy, and a bit shy. With the kooks, she was treated as if she were better than everyone else, and she hated that. She liked the way her friends made her feel. With them, she was this scared, accident-prone, dork. Malia didn't need to pretend she knew what to do, she was able to just be Malia, the real Malia. Not the girl her parents convinced everyone she was.

Sure, living your life as a kook has its benefits. But she'd rather be a pogue. She felt like she was trapped in her life. It was always, "Malia be careful", "That's dangerous, Malia", "Your future depends on this". She wanted to be free. The girl had everything delivered to her on a beautifully polished silver platter. She didn't want to sit down and look pretty, she wasn't some doll. She wanted to go on adventures and discover things on her own, and that's exactly what she had planned this summer.

Long live the queen.

Edited; April 26th, 2022