𝙋𝙞𝙡𝙤𝙩

Malia Beifong watched as her best friend walked along the roof of a three-story building that was currently being worked on. She gripped the blond boy beside her, hiding behind his shoulder as John B balanced himself at the edge of the roof.

"John B, please be careful," she spoke softly, earning a small chuckle from JJ who was seated beside her, sipping on his beer as he clung to the metal railing.

"That's what, a three-story fall to the deck?" Pope asked as he looked up at the reckless teen, "I give you about a one-in-three chance of survival,"

John B just hummed as he tested the direction of the wind, "Should I do it?" he asked, looking down at the boy, a small smirk plastered onto his face.

"Yeah, you should jump," Pope agreed as he held up a drill, "I'll shoot you on the way down," he held the drill as if it were a firearm.

"Guys I don't think that's a good idea," Malia mumbled, still holding onto the boy next to her, "Maybe we should just-"

"You'll shoot me?" John B asked, completely ignoring the pleas coming from the small brunette beside his best friend.

"Or you could ignore me, that's fine too" she mumbled, looking down at her white sandals. JJ laughed and nudged the sad girl, offering her a sip from his beer can, that she had denied for the third time now.

Malia was never a drinker or smoker. She never even cursed, she was normally the responsible one of the group, which is why they referred to her as the mother of their little pack.

John B and Pope exchanged a few words, arguing about shooting the drill, pretending that it was a gun.

"They're gonna have Japanese toilets with towel warmers," Kiara spoke as she exited the house.

JJ moved a bit closer to the railing, subconsciously sticking his arm out a bit so the girl next to him wouldn't slip and fall, "Of course they are. Why wouldn't they?"

Kiara walked over next to Pope, still on the case about the toilets, "This used to be a turtle habitat, but who cares about the turtles, I guess?"

"I care about the turtles," Malia piped up, now holding onto JJ's forearm, instead of his shirt as he shook his head, "I can't have cold towels"

Malia just rolled her eyes and continued to watch the scene beneath her unfold. Of course, out of all the things they chose to do, they'd chosen to break into an unfinished building. Malia had suggested they all go get ice cream, but she was outvoted, 4 to 1.

"Can you please not kill yourself?" Kiara looked up at the ringleader as he took a sip of his drink.

"Don't spill that beer. I'm not giving you another one," JJ yelled as he took a swing from his own.

"John B, stop," Malia squealed as the boy began to stand on one foot. Her anxiety reached its peak as John B dropped his beer can immediately after JJ had told him not to.

JJ let out a groan, "Of course you did, like right when I told you not to,"

"Jesus Christ, he's gonna fall!" the small girl stuck her head into JJ's shoulder, "Please JB, get down from there!"

"Hey!" Shouted a voice coming from the left side of the unfinished house. Maila turned around to see a security officer slamming his truck door shut.

"Hey, uh, security's here," Pope called out to his friends, "Let's wrap it up"

John B stood still, "Boys are early today," he spoke, watching the officer make his way towards the rebellious teens.

JJ tapped Malia's thigh, signaling that it was time to get up before looking over at his friend, "Humpty Dumpty, let's roll" he called out before cheering, "Gary, is that you?" he laughed while looking over the railing, only to be pulled away by Malia.