02

“No effing way!”

Malia nuzzled herself into JJ’s side as Kiara went off about how inviting Sarah into the group was a terrible idea.

So much for trying to get them to see eye to eye.

“You brought her here? So what? She’s in on this now?”

John B glanced at the three in the back, practically begging that one of them would step in to save him, but they all stayed quiet and watched while he got his ass chewed.

“Look, all I care about is that her cut comes out of your share,” JJ shrugged, not really caring if Sarah joined or not.

Malia just let out a sigh as Kiara continued.

“You know, I don’t remember taking a vote,” she sassed the blonde girl, “This is our thing,” she motioned to her four friends, “A pogue thing,”

“Mal's not a pogue,” Sarah responded, sending the brunette a small apologetic smile for calling her out.

JJ just let out a loud laugh, “Uh yeah, she is,”

“Mal's, not a manipulative liar,” Kiara barked, “She’s been there for me when you weren’t,”

“I gotta say, I’m just a tad uncomfortable with all of this,” Pope interjected, raising his hand.

Malia nodded along, “I second that,”

“When are you not uncomfortable?” John B asked, unamused with the two parents of the group.

“I dunno. I rode here on the back of JJ’s bike pretty comfortably, Malia was making mac n’ cheese for us, pretty comfortably!” Pope argued.

JJ nodded, “I can vouch for them both,”

John B looked away in defeat, “Thats cute guys,”

“You know we were all extremely comfortable until your brought her,”

“Stop talking about me like I’m not here!” Sarah bit back, sick and tired of all the crap.

“Then leave,”

JJ let out a quiet whistle, while Malia bit her lip in anticipation. The two girls were literally fire and gasoline. One wrong move and everything would erupt in flames as if it weren’t already hot enough.

Sarah looked over at a self conflicted John B, “I told you,”

“Told him what, exactly?” Kiara argued, “That you’re a liar?”

“No, that you’re a shit-talking bitch, Kiara”

“Oh shit!” Pope laughed as JJ pulled out a couple of crumpled dollar bills.

“My money's on Kie,” he said, earning a harsh slap from the girl between them.

“Put your money away!” She scolded, “It's not funny!”

“Everybody shut up!” John B yelled over them.

The girls quit their little sass contest and the boys shoved their money back in their pockets.

“Kie, you are my best friend, right?” he asked, thankful that she nodded, “And Sarah, you’re… you’re my..” he paused.

Sarah gave him an encouraging smile, “Say it,”

“You’re my girlfriend,”

Pope, JJ, and Malia all nodded their head, processing the new information. JJ tried not to laugh while Pope and Malia kinda just tried to go along with it, being as supportive as possible.