𝙎𝙥𝙮 𝙂𝙖𝙢𝙚𝙨

The five teens had been discouraged after they found no sightings of the gold. They were on edge, picking fights with one another just to get rid of their bottled-up anger.

Malia and JJ were sitting in her car after John B had a meltdown and decided to take the HMS Pogue out for a ride to cool down. Kiara headed back to The Wreck to help out her father with lunch hour, and Pope headed home to work on his essay for his scholarship.

Yeah, they all were in one of their “moods”.

“Are you hungry? We can go get something to eat?” Malia suggested. She knew he hadn’t eaten anything since she brought breakfast that morning. It was nearly three hours later, knowing JJ's metabolism, he had to be starving.

“Nah,” he said, looking out the window as she began to drive down the road.

“We could go back to my place? My parents said they had some errands to run before picking Gen up tomorrow, it’ll be empty,” she smiled, knowing he liked hanging out at her house. He’d usually calm down watching her paint, sometimes she’d give him a spare canvas and let him paint something with her.

JJ shook his head, “Just drop me off at home,”

Malia hated seeing him like this. JJ was the life of the party, he was the one that did the cheering up. Not the other way around.

Just as Malia was about to turn down the road that led to his house, she made a quick decision and pulled a U-turn at the stop sign.

“What the hell are you doing, Li?” JJ asked as she drifted a bit, “You're gonna run us off the damn road!”

“I am not going to deal with you being a sourpuss,” she looked at him for a brief moment, “You and I are going to have fun today before the OBX movie showing, do I make myself clear?” 

“Li, there's nothing to do, we-”

“I said, do I make myself clear, sir?” she repeated with a teasing smile on her lips.

JJ sat there completely flabbergasted, “I- uh I- well-” he shrugged in defeat, “Fuck it,”

The brunette smiled in triumph, “There he is!” she cheered as she gently punched his shoulder.

“There's nothing to do though,” JJ complained as he watched her speed down the road.

“Your JJ freaking Maybank! Coming up with crazy things to do is your specialty,” Malia joked.

As if a lightbulb clicked in her head, she suddenly had the craziest, most chaotic idea that she had ever thought of.

“You are going to teach me how to shoot a gun,”

「 ₊˚.༄ 」

“Okay I’m starting to have second thoughts,” Malia watched as JJ continued to shoot a teddy bear he had found.

“You're the one who wanted to do this,” JJ laughed as he looked back at her.

The girl shrugged, “I was trying to cheer you up, I would’ve offered to rob a bank if it made you happy!” she retorted.

The blond rolled his eyes as he motioned for her to walk over to him, “Stand right here,” he ordered as he handed her the gun.

Malia slowly walked over to where he was standing before positioning herself in front of him. JJ kept his hands on her waist as she brought up the firearm, ready to shoot.

“Wait, what if I shoot somebody!” she quickly turned around, lowering the weapon.

“There's nobody out here but us,”