Chapter 3.

Marinette stirred from the best slumber she has had for an extent. Resting in bed, Marinette thought back on the discussion from the previous evening.

-*FLASHBACK*-

"I ask forgiveness Marinette on behalf of my son. He is not great at socializing, he didn't have the nicest childhood and appears to have a remembrance when around others his age."

Marinette jerked her crown as Damian vanished from her view.

"It is fine, everyone possesses triggered memories. At least you guys stand there with him when he is in requires assistance."

"Miss Marinette? You make it sound like you have undergone something similar," Alfred inquired from behind her.

Marinette froze from her stance before she reacted.

"N-no, I understand somebody who has gone through something comparable and had changed for the worse."

Marinette didn't need to recall about the past so she spoke up again.

"It's getting quite late and I'm jet-lagged. May I ask where my room is?"

"Of course Marinette, I'll have Alfred escort you to your room," Bruce smiled at the young lady who bobbed her head and yawned softly.

"Thank you once again, Bruce. It was nice to meet you all."

"You to Pixie- pop, don't forget my offer."

Marinette glowed.

"We will see you at dinner Marinette, " Tim and Dick piped out at the same time.

"Sure," Marinette snickered.

-*END OF FLASHBACK*-

Marinette sighed as she snatched her phone from the stand to phone her parents to let them know she arrived.

Once finished with the call, she decided to head down to the kitchen for a cup of water. Heading downstairs, Marinette glanced around to catch a glimpse of a clock. Having no luck she proceeded through the big mansion.

Turning the corner, Marinette smacked straight into a wall or furthermore a very solid chest. Marinette massages her forehead a little before looking up. The first thing she sees is the brightest emerald green eyes she has ever seen, swallowing quickly after she discovered who she bumped into, she hunches over quickly.

"I apologize, Damian, I wasn't looking where I was going."

Marinette heard him scoff before he walked away soon after.

"Don't make the same mistake again," He sneered when turning the corner.

Marinette huffed.

"Jerk," she muttered and continued to the kitchen.

After twenty minutes, Marinette eventually finds the kitchen only to see Alfred preparing some tea.

"Hello Alfred!"

Alfred whirled around to face Marinette, smiling softly, he made his way over her.

"Hello Miss Marinette, I see you are awake. How was your nap?"

"It was amazing! The best snooze I have had in quite some time."

Alfred chuckled a little at the girl's enjoyment.

"Well, I'm glad. Is there something you need? I can't imagine you only came in here to see little old me."

Marinette laughed, "I was coming to get some water but if you had tea, that would be lovely too."

Alfred nodded before fetching her a cup of tea.

"I have a question, Miss Marinette,"

Marinette perked up waiting for him to continue.

"Do you happen to know how to make cookies? I wanted to make some for dessert and would love some assistance," Alfred addressed.

Marinette grinned brightly up at Alfred before getting out of her chair.

"You are looking at the daughter of the best bakers in Paris, let's do this."