4- Just A Sweaty Girl Infront Of A Mirror

I decided that I'm not your fucking friend ~ Jeremy Zucker

The second the music starts, my mind takes over. Everything around me disappears and it's only me and the practice room mirrors.

The beat moves through my whole body, and I am reminded of why I became an Idol. The adrenaline rush you get when nailing the choreography you spent weeks learning and perfecting. The feeling of hitting those high notes you stressed about forever with ease. The pride coursing through your veins when thousands of people sing with you at a concert.

I guess it gives me the sense of acceptance aswell. The overwhelming love I receive through my fans keeps me working this hard. It's because of them that I am where I am today after all.

I have about five minutes before my backup dancers arrive to rehearse the group dances, so I decide to go through the song one more time. It had to be perfect.

I enter my zone practicing a contemporary piece I'm performing tomorrow night. My every movement synchronizes perfectly with the backtrack playing.

With the music vibrating through my every limb, I don't notice a figure watching my every move leaning against the doorframe.

All I'm focusing on right now is my reflection in the mirror. Before I could register what's going on, my body starts to move, ignoring the choreography that was put out for me. I moved to the pace on my own beat. My mind is completely taking over, creating the moves as I go.

Before I know it, the song Is finished and I put my forehead against the cold surface of the mirror. I close my eyes, breathing deeply. I think to myself that that was the freest I felt in such a long time.

I look at myself in the mirror, wondering how I got here in the first place. I was so content with my life a few years ago. I was on my way to stardom. I was so excited for what the future held. Now, I'm just a sweaty girl infront of a mirror, desperately trying to be happy.

I haven't even realized that I was crying until I tasted the salty liquid on my lips. I furiously wipe my tears away. I was not going to cry. Crying gets you nowhere. I've learned that the hard way.

It is then when I notice the figure standing by the door in the reflection of the mirror. I spin around as quickly as I can, but it's too late. They disappear before I could see who it was.

'Was it the same person spying on me at the park earlier?' I thought to myself.

Pft, "spying". I'm acting like I was in a fucking Bond movie or something. That doesn't mean I'm not going to find out who they are.

I rush out of the practice room to see if they're still in the hallway. I see a flash of white hair going around the corner. Judging by their body build, I'm assuming it's a guy.

I pick up my step and turn the same corner he just went around. I see him aiming to enter another room, so I call out to him in order to get him attention.

"Hey, you! Stop!" I exclaimed, causing him to stop in is tracks. I could see him tense up before he turns his head to the side.

"what," he said in an annoyed tone.

"why were you in my practice room?" I said sternly.

He turned around to face me. I take a small step back as he takes one towards me.

Staring back at me, was the man I saw just a few hours ago in the restaurant. His white hair falling into his brown eyes as he stared at me. His body language sent mixed signals while mine was giving off nothing but pure hatred.

Min Yoongi was standing in silence infront of me. My mind was going crazy at the sight of this infuriating man.

How long was he watching me? How long was he even there? Did he see my cry? Would he even care if he did?

The quietness and all the unanswered questions are making me even angrier than I already am.

"Answer me for fuck sakes!" I yelled at him.

"I-I wasn't watching you," he stuttering out. Was he... nervous? Why is he stuttering?

"Then what were you doing?" I asked, calming down a bit.

"That's none of your business," he rudely replied. Okay, the asshole is back.

"None of my business? You were fucking spying on me, creep! I'd say it is my fucking business!" I'm getting really annoyed at this man.

"Shut the fuck up, you're hurting my ears with your godawful voice," He said with a sadistic look on his face.

I pinch the bridge of my nose and close my eyes. I wasn't in the mood for a screaming match, more so now that my headache finally cleared up.

"Whatever. Just stay away from me," I said before turning around to walk away, but Min Yoongi replies with something that makes my whole body tense up.

"Why do you hate me so much?"

My body turns ice cold, and then flaming hot right after. Those words did not just leave his mouth. I turn around to see Min Yoongi staring at me with all intensity.

A dry laugh escapes my mouth and I take a few steps towards him. Only one feet of air is separating us at the moment.

"You ruined my life, Min Yoongi," I try not to tear up. "I will never forgive you for that," I said with the calmest voice I could possibly accomplish.

He stared straight into my eyes and I into his. His still held an unreadable emotion.

I couldn't believe, that after all this time, he's still playing the victim card. He took my already broken heart, and decided that my spirit should be the next to break. Then he has the nerve to ask me why I hate him.

"Miss Leigh?" I heard a voice behind me, causing me to turn to the owner of the voice. I unintentionally give the girl a death glare that was actually meant for Min Yoongi.

She gulps, before continuing. "Ehm... We are ready for rehearsal," she manages to utter.

"Sorry, I'll be right there," I said as she dissappeared around the corner in record speed.

I make my way down the hallway to the practice room myself. I don't look back to him.

Min Yoongi stood motionless next to the entrance of his own team's practice room, looking in the direction I walked off in.

I was done feeling bad for him.

===============================

Thank you guys so much for reading! ❤️

When would be the best time to update for you guys? Please let me know so that I can settle on a fixed uploading schedule😊

Go follow the book's official instagram page @seesawb1

Remember to remain positive and to be safe xx

~hftb