7- Backlash

But don't think I don't think about it
Don't think I don't have regrets
Don't think it don't get to me
~Darius Rucker 

A hooded figure stood in the center of the room, facing away from us. My scream seems to frighten him, causing him to freeze in place. My heart was beating out of my chest at this point. Was this the same person who delivered that massage back at the stadium?

Miyeon clutched my arm with her fucking vice grip when he made a move to turn around. 

Yep, this is how I'm gonna die. Murdered by a creepy dude in a hotel with a tiny woman gripping onto me for dear life.

The figure cautiously turns all the way around, bumping into the couch and almost falling face first into the plush carpet. 

Huh, I never knew murders were so awkward.

A string of curses flow through the man's lips as he straightens his posture. 

"W-what do you w-want?" Miyeon stutters out with a nervous voice.

"What do you mean 'what do you want?'" he asks confused. His voice sound vaguely familiar, like I've heard it somewhere before. 

The man takes off his hood and relief floods our bodies, but confusion kicks it directly after. 

Before us stood the maknae of BTS - Jeon Jungkook. His eyes holds just as much confusion as ours. 

"Jungkook? What the hell are you doing in our room?" I asked the bewildered man.

"Your room?" he chuckled, "I think you got this mixed up. This is-" he says looking around the hotel room as realisation hits him "not my room."

I jokingly cross my arms and rais my brow at him. I think he is the member in that group that i dislike the least. He always had this innocent aura around him thats i found utterly adorable.

"I'm sorry, i probably walked into the wrong room," he sheepishly apologized, rubbing the back of his neck.

"How did you even get in? The door was locked," Miyeon pointed out.

"I... Uhm kind of snuck in through the window," he answers. 

"Jungkook, we're on the sixth floor," I deadpan him. His eyes grew slightly wider and he shifts his weight from one foot to another.

"There are uhm... Stairs leading up the balconies, you know for fire emergencies or something. I don't really know why they keep it unattended, i mean someone could easily fall and break something. I would've at least put up a sign or something telling people not to climb it - not that someone would be stupid enough to climb it. WAIT no I'm not stupid i ju-, "

"Holy shit can you stop rambling before i through myself down those damn stairs myself?" i interrupt his rant session. 

"I'm sorry, I'll just go back to my room," he said with his head down. 

He quickly makes his way to the door before I stop him.

"Hey, you want some wine?" i asked, in hope of a little more company. Not that Miyeon isn't fun or anything, I just miss having friends my age.

"Sure, I don't have anywhere to be tomorrow," he gives me his signature bunny smile. 

======================================

Jungkook and I are seated on the balcony drinking wine straight from the bottle. Miyeon went to bed a while ago since she had to do some work early the next morning. 

"So you're telling me, you scaled the side of a literal building just not not get in trouble for going out?" i chuckled at Jungkook. 

He let's out a giggle and replied "Namjoon isn't as easy going as you'd like to think."

"That's why I didn't want to be in a group. I would go crazy if someone took my freedom away like that."

He smiles weakly, taking another swig of alcohol. His eyes drift over the city lights infront of us.

"We're not that bad, you know," he said lowly.

I sigh heavily and grab the bottle out of his hand. 

"Yeah well, you try having your entire career being fucked up."

"He never intended for it to go so far," he said, referring to Min Yoongi, "I remember him feeling awful for all the backlash you got." 

I let out a dry laugh "He didn't think twice about screwing me over, as long as his ego doesn't get damaged right?" 

Jungkook glances at me through his bangs with his innocent brown eyes. "Isn't that what you did though?" 

My head jerks to him with a frown. I wanted to yell at him for comparing me to that egotistical prick. My mind is racing, searching for something to say back to the tipsy man. 

His face holds that 'you know I'm right' look that really fucking pisses me off.

Realisation hits me like a truck. I am a hypocrite. 

I kept this grudge against Min Yoongi for all these years, yet i did the exact same thing to him - first. 

I take a long sip of the bitter red liquid, trying not to feel like absolute shit. 

"He really regrets what he did Leigh. He may not look like the type, but he cares more than anyone," Jungkook told me. 

"You're way to young to be this insightful mister," i say laughing lightly as the first tear rolls down my cheek. 

His smile reappears, "Im older than you, even if it's just by two months."

I genuinely laugh at his childish ways and he pulls me in for a hug. 

I freeze instantly at the physical contact, but eventually loosen up and hug him back. 

Maybe it's because I haven't let anyone see me this vulnerable in years, or if it's just someone that's willing to listen, but I feel like we bonded in some way. It feels like I've known Jeon Jungkook for my entire life.

And that scares the shit out of me. I built up these high walls for a reason. The less you connect with a person, the less it hurts when they leave, right?

I break the hug and move away from him slightly. I will not give anyone the opportunity to dissapoint me - again.

"You should probably get back before Namjoon skins you alive," I playfully shove him.

"yeah you're right."

We stare at the twinkling lights of the busy city and the sun daring to make it's appearance for a few more moments. 

Jungkook gets up, dusting his pants off. "See you around Leigh."

"Yeah, see you," I get up alongside him, and walk with him to the door. 

"Oh, and Leigh?" he said at me with a serious face, "don't be so hard on yourself."

I give him a sad smile, leaning me head against the door frame. "Go to your room Mr. Jeon." 

He smiles warmly at me, walking down the hall. 

I go to bed at 05:48 AM with one person on my mind:

Min Yoongi.

================================

Another one wooooo✌️

My school starts in 2 days and I'm 3 months behind on homework 😳

~hftb ♥️