Hate

I'm having a bit of a writer's block for my other two stories, so have a one-shot to make up for it :D

There was a musty smell in the dressing room air as they sat together waiting to pre-record their comeback show. The air conditioner was responsible for this. Byulyi wondered when was the last time they'd changed the filters.

Each girl was in her own corner, trying to relax and get rid of their nerves. Byul could see Hyejin fixing her makeup in front of the mirror, Wheein eating a last piece of tangerine, and her girlfriend of three years, Yongsun, sitting on the couch on her phone.

Byulyi found it odd for Yongsun to be on her phone. Usually the leader was the most active one, trying to check on the members and ease the nervousness by doing silly things, and joking around. But this time, Yong was a bit out of it. Her blond brows were furrowed as she scrolled through whatever was on her screen, and her short blond hair fell over her face, casting a slight shadow on her already somber face.

Byul decided that wasn't normal behaviour and approached her girlfriend carefully, not saying anything, just sitting beside her on the couch. Yongsun immediately locked her phone and looked at her curiously, carefully. Byul didn't say anything, and merely smiled at her girlfriend, whose frown and tired eyes hadn't disappeared, but had softened ever so slightly. Byulyi wondered when was the last time Yongsun had slept properly.

However, she knew pushing Yongsun to talk wasn't the way to go. That would just make her close herself even more in her little shell, and even if she wasn't already mad at Byulyi, that would definitely make her lash out on her.

She poked her girlfriend's arm, who looked at her with a pout on her lips. A pout she wanted to kiss away. Looking around, she noticed only the four girls sat in the dressing room, so she leaned in to place a quick kiss to her lips, noticing the surprised gasp of her girlfriend, who kissed her back. That meant Byulyi was good. Yongsun wasn't mad at her.

"I know what you're trying to do, it's not working." Yongsun said, her frown returning to her face.

"I just want you to talk to me, baby." Byul replied. "If you frown for too long you'll get wrinkles, grandma."

The teasing made Yongsun huff. However, Byul could see a hint of a smile playing at her lips. With a smirk, she leaned into Yongsun, whispering in her ear in a low voice.

"Miss, I just wanted to tell you that I saw that smile."

Yongsun shivered and rolled her eyes, going on her phone once again. However, she forgot that she hadn't closed the page she was reading before locking the phone.

Quickly, she pressed the home button on her phone, closing the app, so that Byulyi couldn't even catch a glimpse of the Reddit post Yongsun had been obssessively reading for the past three days.

Moonbyul isn't that great a dancer

"Yong." Byul called. Yongsun refused to look at her. "Why are you like this?" Byul whined annoyingly, draping herself over her girlfriend's lap.

Yongsun couldn't pretend to stay mad at Byulyi. Not when she was this annoying and worried. With a sigh, she accepted Byul's head on her lap and began playing with her hair, careful not to mess it up. Byulyi grinned at her.

"It's nothing you should worry about, love." Yongsun replied with a forced smile, noticed by Byulyi.

"I know that's a lie." Byul said. "But you can talk to me when you're ready. I don't like it when you close yourself in a shell like this, Yong." Byul said. She sat up once again, turning to face Yongsun. Her hand reached up to cradle Yongsun's cheek. "I'm worried about you." She whispered, gently pinching her girlfriend's right cheek.