A Day in Spring

Chuuya smiles as he looks at his sleeping family. Atsushi was in the middle and Dazai was to the left of Atsushi.Chuuya gently kissed Atsushi's forehead and Dazai's before he moved slightly and slid off the bed. Chuuya put on his robe and tied it, and he tiptoed downstairs to start breakfast. Chuuya started with making coffee first because if Chuuya didn't have a cup of pure black coffee at least halfway through making breakfast, he'd never get it done. For breakfast Chuuya was making waffles, bacon, and eggs. He got out everything he needed to cook, and he started cooking as he waited on the coffee. Chuuya was too concentrated to hear the footsteps coming into the kitchen and he gasped as Dazai grabbed him around the waist.

"You scared me." Chuuya sighed.

Dazai chuckled. "I'm sorry. Good morning." Dazai says kissing Chuuya's cheek. Atsushi cooed as he held on to Dazai and Chuuya kissed them both.

"Breakfast is almost ready. Can you set the table?"

"Of course." Dazai smiles. Dazai sits Atsushi in his high chair and he sets the table just as Chuuya asked of him. When Dazai looked at Atsushi smiling in his high chair and Chuuya cooking more happily than he had in months. Dazai knew he wouldn't trade this happiness for the world.

*

After their breakfast together Dazai and Chuuya had taken 2 weeks off from work to spend every waking moment with Atsushi. So since it was May they decided to take a stroll through the park with Atsushi and look at all the beautiful cherry blossoms. Chuuya was pushing the stroller and Atsushi was looking around the park. Dazai smiled.

"It's absolutely beautiful during this time of year."

"It is." Chuuya agrees. "And even though Atsu can't talk I think he is enjoying it too." He chuckled as he looked at Atsushi pointing and cooing. The cherry blossoms were falling heavily so much to the point the petals were getting caught in Chuuya's curly hair. Dazai laughed and he pulled the petals from Chuuya's hair. Chuuya turned around looking at Dazai.

"You're getting the petals in your hair."

Chuuya smiles as he stands on his tippy toes and lightly pecks Dazai. "Thank you."

Dazai blushes. Chuuya laughs. "Seems I've still got it."

Dazai covers his face. "Guess you do."

"Atsushi do you want to play at the park?" Chuuya looked down and he saw Atsushi was fast asleep. Chuuya smiled as he pulled the blanket more up on Atsushi and he pulled down the stroller visor to keep the sun out of his face. Dazai looked at Chuuya tending to Atsushi and he smiled. Dazai before was worried, he was concerned how Chuuya would adjust with having Atsushi especially after having such a hard time conceiving and also losing a baby of their own. But now Dazai realized he had nothing to worry about, because all that they were missing, the void of wanting a baby dearly, it was filled and their family was finally complete.

To Be Continued...