vol. 2

hello faithful readers, and welcome back to the second illéa weekly: selection edition, where we will be serving you all the tea there is to know about our very own prince george, and his brother's, selection!

the picnic
a couple days after the grand opening ball, the royals hosted a more laid back function: a picnic. each selected was required to bring a plate of food that they'd made themselves. our reporters managed to snag some plates and say that they were pleasantly surprised by how good some of the food was. the selected didn't seem to agree, because as the picnic was nearing it's end, a small squabble between two selected, lady ryan and lady arianwen, escalated into a full on food fight. it only ended when lady cassandra dumped a bowl of soup over prince rhian's head. he sent her away immediately, promising to have her eliminated by morning. for once, we have to agree with the prince. she needs to go. but, oddly enough, come morning, she wasn't gone. however, this wasn't the only drama happening at the picnic. oh no, far from it. lady kaiya had a seizure right after the food fight began, collapsing to the ground and frightening everyone around her. needless to say, everyone was quite concerned for her well-being. thankfully, she recovered and it turns out that these happen quite often, as lady kaiya has epilepsy. this raises some health questions. do we really want someone with health problems giving birth to the royal heirs? what if her epilepsy gets passed down? hopefully we'll never have to find out.

the test
as everyone in illéa who reads our newspaper should be aware of, prince rhian hasn't always been prince rhian. and a lot of people, such us here at the weekly, don't like the fact that he came swooping in and tore the crown right out of prince george's hands. what's to say he really is a schreave after all? well, prince rhian has decided to take matters into his own hands, and put rumours at rest. by taking a DNA test. the results came back, and it is confirmed: prince rhian is truly prince rhian schreave. whether or not he's related to the royals by blood, we still don't believe that makes him a good ruler.

dates
over the course of the week, each selected went on a date with one of the princes of their choice.

prince george and lady kaiya went for a walk in the garden.

prince george and lady nina had a picnic in the gardens and talked all about her love for baking.

prince rhian and lady bella had an argument in the gardens because he showed up to their date late. we have to agree with lady bella, being on time is important for a king!

prince george and lady mckenzie had a paintball fight.

prince george and lady cassandra were scheduled to paint canvas' in the garden, but instead they decided to take turns dumping the paint on each other.

prince george and lady aedammair watched a movie together.

prince rhian and lady heaven talked under the stars.

prince george and lady annika had a picnic under the stars. it's a shame lady annika can't see them. once again, her blindness raises some health questions that may have to be considered in the future, if we desire to preserve the royal family line.

prince rhian and lady ryan were seen exiting the maze and heading in the direction of his bedroom. she was seen leaving early in the morning. what exactly went on in there? we're pretty sure we already know.

prince george and lady arianwen talked in the gardens.

prince rhian and lady andromeda went for a swim before heading to the kitchen for dinner.

prince rhian and lady acasia attempted to rollerblade through the gardens.

prince rhian and lady azlia went for a walk in the maze, however our reporters were not able to follow. they emerged looking quite disheveled, and lady azlia's leg seemed to be bleeding.

prince rhian and lady eliana baked a cake and then went off to the music room, leaving it to burn.

prince george and lady guinevere baked a cake together, before watching a movie.

to the dungeon
a selected has been sent to the dungeon! our sources tell us that after a run in with prince rhian in the gym, lady aedammair was dragged away to spend a night in the dungeon. rumour has it, there was some physical violence on her part.

a new look
in other news, as soon as the dates finished up, prince rhian decided to dye his hair a lighter colour, a warm brown that very neatly matched prince george's natural locks. we think that this may be to create some sort of semblance of resemblance between the two. after all, it's a well known fact that they look nothing alike.

that's all for today, we hope to see you next week, because there will be a ton to cover! stay tuned for news on the next elimination, event and more!

{ COMMENT YOUR CHARACTER'S REACTIONS BELOW }

hi guys, i apologise for not uploading this when i said i would. i took a three day break from the masquerade, and everything associated for it. this was because i felt like i was losing track of where it was going, and i was beginning to hate it a bit. well, more than a bit. so, for both the sake of the roleplay and my own mental health, i made the executive decision to take a small break. but now i can safely say that i am back, and ready as ever to get this show on the road!!! y'all have no idea what i've got in store for you, but rest assured, you should be scared.