Picnic at the Park

Sunset's POV-

When I woke up, all the memories of yesterday started flowing through my mind. Twilight had cut herself, I told her I liked her.. but I only like her as a friend! I couldn't live with myself knowing that I was the reason that my friend was cutting, I couldn't let her just keep cutting. What kind of friend would I be then! I sat up on my bed, just thinking about what to do. A million thoughts flew through my mind, but suddenly I was startled by a notification on my phone. I pulled my phone out and read the message. It was from Twilight...

Twilight 🌟: Hey Sunset! I was wondering if you wanted to have a picnic in the park at 4?

Me: oh yeah, sure.

Twilight: I'll meet you there then 💕

Me: Alright, see ya

It was around 3:30, so I started to get ready. I took a quick shower and changed into a pair of jeans, white shirt, and my signature leather jacket. Then I went to my car and drove to our local park.

—At the Park—

I got out of my car and walked towards the picnic area. While walking, I saw so many happy couples, friends, and family. See all these people, made my heart feel like it was missing a piece. The girl I liked and my family all live in another dimension. I had my friends, my friends always see the best in me. They are always there for me. I kept walking, until I saw Twilight on the grass with a picnic basket and a book. Since I was thinking about a lot of things, I had forgoten why I came to the park in the first place. My first thought was, 'Why is Twilight here, she looks like she waiting for a date?' Then I remembered, she was waiting for me. I walked closer and Twilight looked up, "Sunset hey! Come, sit."

"H-hey.." I said awkwardly as I sat down.

The entire 'date' was very awkward. Twilight thought this was an actual date, and me? I thought this was a weird type of favor. I know that's bad, but everytime I looked at Twilight, I see the other one. The one I actually liked.

After eating, we took a walk to the edge of a cliff and sat down. The sun was about to set and we hadn't talked in about 10 minutes. I said it once and I'm going to say it again, this was pretty awkward. I could tell that Twilight felt the same way.

"So, how did you.. start to like me?" I said, trying to break the tension.

"Oh! Um, ever since I turned into Midnight Sparkle.. you had been so nice, caring, and sweet to me. I guess I fell in love with your personality." She said, staring off into the sunset.

"I-in love? With me?" I gulped. Trying to not sound awkward.

"Yeah, I guess.." she said, waiting for something

"I.. um, l-love.. you too?" I managed to spit out before i chocked. Twilight looked at me, smiling. Then she rushed into a hug.

In that moment I did something, I smelled her hair. Right then I would have considered it a mistake. But now? I wouldn't have changed it for the world. Her hair smelt like coconuts at the beach on a sunny day and pulled me into a deep trance. After the hug broke I looked at Twilight and got lost in her purple eyes. I could see her kindness and misery at the same time. Right then I felt a spark, something I had never felt before.

"Sunset, are you alright-" Twilight was cut off by a kiss. I grabbed her hip, pulled her close, and ran my fingers through her hair. After the kiss broke, she and I were both out of breath, but still smiling. After the sun and finished setting, Twilight and I went to our cars, waved goodbye, and drove off. That was the day I fell for your mother.