Chapter 65

Jay walked in after being at work for over 18 hours

Jay walked in after being at work for over 18 hours. It was about 9am, he unlocked the door and was greeted by Noah.

"Hey little man!" He picked him up and threw him in the air before putting him back down "You hungry?" He held out a dinosaur donut that he had bought on the way home. Noah's eyes lit up as he grabbed the donut from Jays hands and walked back over to the lounge, he sat quietly picking at his donut while he watched his cartoons.

Jay unholstered his gun and unclipped his badge then put the in the safe that was in the to front entrance. He then started walking towards Camilles nursery were he could hear loud crying noises.

She was now 2 months old and wasn't settling at all, it had been a tense household since they had bought her home. It didn't expect it to be easy but he didn't expect it to be this hard either.

"Hey babe" she handed him Camille straight away and walked out of the room.

Jay was confused but continued I rock Camille for a couple minutes before settling her into her crib. He then slowly walked out and went into their bedroom to find Erin sitting on the end of the bed with her head in her hands. He sat next to her and out his hand on her lower back.

"Hey what's the matter?" She quickly got up and turned around to face him.

"What's the matter?!" She yelled.

"Babe" he held up his hand and grabbed onto her waist "What do you need me to do?"

Just as Erin was about to speak Camille started crying again, so she walked out with Jay hot on her heels.

She picked her up and started rocking her once again "What do you need baby girl, I just changed you." She sat down in the rocking chair "Are you hungry, so you want some milk?" She went to undo her bra but Camille just screamed even more.

"Babe she's probably just got colic, she'll grow out of it" Jay said with his arms folded.

"Well here's an idea you stay home and I'll go to work until she grows out of it" Erin looked at him as tears started falling down her face.

"Er come on that's not fair, what do you want me to do here?"

"Nothing I'm sorry, I'm just tired" she paused "Just go to sleep, you have had a long night"

Jay kissed her forehead and walked out of the room, he felt awful but it wasn't like he was doing anymore work then he was use to. He didn't exactly know what he was suppose to, he tried to help her as much as possible but he felt like he was getting pushed away.

...............................

Later that day after Camille finally decided to nap, Noah was also napping and Jay had just woken up from falling asleep earlier that day Erin was in the kitchen rustling through paperwork.

"Hey, are they both down?" He said with a shaky voice, it was like treading on thin glass around Erin at the moment.

"Yep, now what do you want for dinner?

"How about we get takeaway?"

"Okay" Erin said getting out all the takeaway pamphlets they had.

"Babe please talk to me, I feel handcuffed here. I don't know what I'm suppose to do" Jay said

"Jay I don't know, I'm sorry. It's just really hard and I feel like we never see you anymore and honestly I feel like I'm doing this all by myself" she said looking up at Jay.

That broke his heart, that was the last thing he wanted to hear and the last way he wanted Erin to feel.

"Babe" he stood up and walked around to her and pulled her into his chest as she grabbed on to his shirt "I hate this."

"Me too"

"Do you want me to talk to Voight about giving me one or two shifts off a week?"

She shook her head "No we can't afford that Jay, it's okay we will figure it out."

"Er you keep saying this but then we keep having this conversation. I was talking to Will about postpartum depression..."

Erin cut him off "Jay I'm not depressed, I'm exhausted. I'm not angry because of some disease"

"Okay I'm sorry, but do you think maybe going to see someone or going to a mothers group might help? Getting out of the house?"

"Jay I love you but I don't want to hear this right now" she shook her head and started to walk away.

"Erin we have to speak about this, I can't be the bad guy any longer!" He yelled and then they both noticed Noah standing in the hallway watching them fight.

"Mummy and daddy are you fighting again?" Noah said with sad eyes.

"Nah Buddy, come on let's get you back to bed" Jay grabbed his hand as they walked back to his room.

Jay tucked him in and gave him a kiss.

"Dad, do you hate mummy?"

Jay was shocked at the words that he heard come out of Noah's mouth "No no no. I do not hate your mummy, it's just been a tough couple months with the new baby. I'm really proud of you though, you have been a really good big brother"

"Okay" Noah started wiping his eyes.

"Night buddy, I love you" Jay said as he stood up and walked out turning the light off.

He walked into their bedroom and saw Erin laying on the bed, he pulled the blankets away and hopped in and started cuddling her "Er I'm sorry"

"I will do it"

"Do what?" Jay said as Erin rolled over to face him.

"I will go talk to someone or I will go to a mothers group. I can't let this affect us any longer."

"I love you" he bent down a kissed her.

"I love you more"