One

"Motherfucker." I huffed as I finally got my suitcase out of the trunk only for it to fall straight to the ground dragging my arm with it. "Pendejo coño piece of shit." I muttered kicking the bag as I ran my hand through my long brown hair.

"Lia!" A sudden yell gets my attention.

"Ruby! Get over here and give your cousin some loving!" I grinned at the younger boy who was stood in the doorway behind me. "Te extrañé." I mumbled as we pulled away, his ever present crew appearing behind him.

"I missed you too Lia." He smiled just as his friends reached him.

Ruby Martinez is my younger cousin, his mother being my aunt and all, we were close when we were growing up until I moved from Freeridge to California when I was only ten since then I'd only seen him during the summers when him, Monse and Jamal would come out to stay with me and my mum.

"Monse!" I grinned as I pulled the younger girl in for a hug, she may have a slight attitude problem but she was more or less my sister since the first time she came to Cali.

"Hey! You look so pretty!" She grinned as she looked my outfit over.

"Thank you, and look at you, all grown up." I smirked as she blushed slightly looking down.

"What about me?"

"Jamal, you know I would never forget you." I gasped putting my hands on my chest in mock offence. "You know your my favourite." I grinned going over and pulling him for a hug.

"You must be the infamous Cesar." I smiled at the taller boy who was stood watching us with a small smile on his face.

"That's me." He smiled as he put his hands in his pockets.

"Oh come here." I smiled pulling him in for a hug.

"How long are you here for?" Monse asked as she grabbed one of my bags while Ruby struggled to stand  my suitcase up.

"Six months, my dads on a business trip and mum didn't want to sit at home and wait for him I guess." I shrugged not really knowing why we had to come to Freeridge while he was gone.

"Amelia! Hurry up!" My boyfriend, Diego, called from the door, his face screwed up as he looked between me and Cesar who was stood next to me.

"I'm coming!" I called back rolling my eyes as Monse, Ruby and Jamal groaned. "What?"

"Why is he here?" Ruby groaned looking over his shoulder before he looked back at me.

"Because he's my boyfriend? He didn't want to spend six months away from me." I smiled slightly thinking back to how upset he was before he decided to come with us.

"More like he didn't want you to realise how shitty he is by being away from him for too long." Ruby spoke, his words full of hate.

"What is your guys problem with Diego?" I sighed as I looked at the three of them, they'd always had a problem with Diego since they came to Cali last summer when we had first got together.

"He tries to control you Lia, that summer you barely spoke to us and when you did you'd have to go running to him because he'd get mad that you weren't spending every second waiting on him." He ranted, waving his arms backwards and forwards.

"Amelia!" Diego called again, the impatient tone clear as day.

"You're just seeing it wrong, anyway, I gotta go and unpack." I shrugged taking my bag from Monse and suitcase from Ruby.

"Are you fucking deaf or something? Or are you too busy flirting with little kids?" Diego's voice was much closer now, the bag being ripped out of my hand as he appeared besides me.

"Hey, there was no need for that." Cesar spoke stepping towards Diego.

"Shut up kid." Diego chuckled as he snatched the handle of the suitcase from my other hand. "Inside Amelia, let's go."

"Why don't you try asking nicely." Cesar spoke again, taking another step so that him and Diego were practically chest to chest.

The low rumble of an engine caught my attention, a low, red car pulled up to the curb besides us catching everyone's attention as the door opened, I turned to look at Diego was was still staring down at Cesar, but the younger boy took a step back, a smirk on his face.

"Aye Cesar, you got a problem?" A new voice made an appearance.

Turning back to face the car my eyes landed on the person who had gotten out of the car, a tall, tanned muscular guy, maybe a couple of years older than me with a bald head and a tear drop tattoo under his eye but what caught my attention was the cross on his neck, I grew up around here, I wasn't stupid, it was the Santos cross, the gang that ran the streets of Freeridge.

"Ask him." Cesar shrugged nodding at Diego who had turned his attention to the newcomer.

"We got a problem if he keeps flirting with my girl." Diego nodded looking at me before back to him.

"Diego leave it." I said catching everyone's attention.

"Amelia shut up putá!" He yelled throwing my bag to my feet making me jump back slightly, bumping into the car that was still sat running at the curb.

"Aye Cabrón!" The mystery man yelled as he stepped forwards and shoved Diego back making him stumble slightly. "You good?" He asked turning to me, his brown eyes narrowed as he looked me over quickly.

"Uh, yeah, I'm good." I smiled up at him, feeling my heart beat faster as he made eye contact before giving me a small nod.

"Cesar, we gotta go, jump in." He said motioning towards his car, Cesar following his words and climbing into the passenger seat while the older guy walked round to the drivers side, opening the door he paused looking back over at the rest of us before his eyes focused on Diego. "Respect your girl homie." He narrowed his eyes before he looked at me briefly before climbing in and driving off.

"Hurry up Amelia." Diego mumbled as he sulked back into the house, probably embarrassed.

"Who was that?" I asked still staring at the car as it drove away.

"That's Cesar brother, Oscar."