Eight

"You know there's a party happening in your back yard right?" I whispered, me and Oscar had been lying in his bed since our conversation, not really doing anything other than exchanging small kisses here and there, I was currently laid with my head in his lap as he ran his fingers through my hair.

"Yeah." He nodded, not seeming bothered in the slightest.

"We should probably head back or there, unless you want a bunch of school kids passed out from booze." I laughed remembering that he had invited everyone over earlier on in the night. "Why'd you do that anyway?" I asked.

"Knew you was there, Sad Eyes gave me the idea to invite everyone 'cause he knew you'd go too." He shrugged with a smirk on his face.

"That guys like Cupid I swear." I laughed as I thought about the guy who had become my best friend in such little time.

"Mhm." He hummed in agreement.

"Come on." I sighed getting up from the bed and holding my hand out to him.

"What?" He asked as he stayed in the same position only raising an eyebrow at me.

"You are hosting a party so we've gotta go back out there, vamos!" I grinned as he sighed and put his hand in mine, huffing dramatically as he got up.

Walking back through the house he put his arm around my shoulder and pulled me closer to him, tucking me into his side as though somebody was about to pop out to try and take me from him.

"Aye Spooky!" A few of the cholos cheered as we came out to the yard, eyes turning to us.

"You're welcome." Sad Eyes grinned as he came over to us bro hugging Oscar as he reluctantly let go of me.

The rest of the night went by pretty smoothly, there were a few scuffles and lot of girls arguing over some petty shit like lipgloss but other than that it was great. I got to know some of cholos better, the ones that was closest to Oscar anyway and now pretty much everyone in Freeridge was aware that I was Spooky's, that I'd been claimed.

———

"Good morning." I smiled as my eyes met Oscar's the next morning, images of last night flashing through my mind.

"Buenos dias." He mumbled lazily, looking down at me with a small smile on his face.

The comfort was soon broken by my phone ringing across the room, sighing I pulled myself up off his chest and slowly walked over to where my phone was buzzing, Oscar's sleeveless top that I was wearing brushing against my thighs with each step.

I groaned as I saw the name flashing across the screen. "Hola mami." I sighed bracing myself for the bitch fest to come.

"Hola baby! How are you?" Her overly cheery voice floated through the phone making me frown in confusion.

"Uh, I'm good?" I more or less questioned, I was expecting her to be mad still, to go on about Diego.

"Good, good, are you going to be coming back to Ruby's?" She asked, her tone still light.

"Uhm, I'm not sure, why?" I asked as I made eye contact with Oscar, him mouthing 'who is it' looking just confused as I did when I mouthed back that it was my mum.

"We miss you hija, Diego hasn't been himself these past days." She sighed, her voice suddenly sounding sympathetic as she spoke about him.

"Oh no, what a shame." I mumbled dryly, I knew this was coming.

"Oh come on hija, you need to come back and put the boy out of his misery, let him know there's still something left with you two." She said, I could almost imagine the smile she had on her face, thinking that me and Diego were gunna patch things up and carry on like nothing happened.