Five

"Thank you again." I smiled over at Oscar as he grabbed what he needed from his room before he took the sofa for tonight.

"Ain't nothing." He shrugged as he headed towards the door.

"I'm going to a dance with your brother." I said quickly, stopping him with his hand on the door handle. "My god, that sounded even stranger out loud." I groaned as I flopped down on the edge of his bed.

"Why?" He snorted as he turned round and looked down at me in confusion and slight amusement.

"They was talking about the dance and I mentioned that I'd never been to mine so Cesar offered to take me." I shrugged. "It's not as strange as it sounds right?"

"You're 19 and gunna go to a school dance with my kid brother." He said matter of factly.

"I know, it's so strange." I sighed as I ran my hand through my hair. "You don't have to sleep out there you know, I'm happy to." I said changing the subject.

"A princesa should sleep on the bed, not the sofa." He smiled small.

"And what about a caballero?" I asked making him look at me in confusion. "Well, you were my knight in shining armour." I teased with a smile and I'm sure, I saw the faint tint of pink creeping up his chest at my words. "Oscar Diaz get your culo into this bed before I tell all your little home boys that you cried at Marley and me." I smirked, knowing that seeing the badass Spooky crying earlier was going to come in handy.

"You wouldn't." He muttered narrowing his eyes at me.

"Try me." I smirked.

I let out a laugh as he sighed dramatically, dropping the stuff from his arms onto a set of drawers before he huffed his way over to the opposite side of the bed, practically throwing himself down with a sigh.

"You're such a drama queen, you know that?" I laughed as I lifted the covers and climbed in.

"Let's remember whose bed this is, yeah." He mumbled as we both laid on our backs looking up at the ceiling.

"Was you close to either of them? Your parents I mean." I whispered after a moment of silence, keeping my eyes on the ceiling just in case I'd crossed a line.

"My mum died when I was young, don't really remember that much other than the fact she was a jumped up crackhead." He muttered, my eyes widening slightly at how blunt and open he was about it. "Me and dad were sort of close, but only with the gang shit, nothing personal." I felt him shrug from his place besides me. "What about you?"

"I don't know if you've noticed but me and my mum don't have the greatest relationship, she's constantly trying to put me down, trying to turn me into the house wife that she's always been, and that's not me." I laughed slightly. "But my dad, he's the greatest man I've ever met, I mean sure, he's had a bit of trouble in the past but he's always put me and my mother above everything, even when it costs him more than he has he always finds a way to make sure that we're alright." I smiled at the thought of my dad.

"He sounds like a good man." Oscar whispered making me turn my head to look at him only to realise that he was already facing me.

"He is." I whispered, my eyes being captured by his, the familiar butterflies from earlier suddenly returning as his eyes moved between mine and my lips.

Without waiting for another interruption he quickly lent forwards and captured my lips with his own, the cliché of butterflies and fireworks never making any sense until now, until his lips met mine and I felt it, all of it.

I kept my eyes closed as we slowly pulled away, his forehead resting against mine as we both took a deep breath. Just before I was about to speak he leaned in again, placing a quick by just as exciting kiss on my lips before he pulled back completely.