Chapter 3: Step by step

"We don't define girlgroups."

*_*

YUXIN

After the preliminary ratings all of us including all mentors, staffs and of course trainees are exhausted.

I'am dragging myself on the way to the dorm.

"Liu Yuxin!" Someone called me from behind and when I turned, it's just my roommates.

Yu Yan, Anqi and Xiai.

"Come' on, let's go home together." Anqi said, she's the loudest between the four of us while Xiai is just right behind her back.

I'am actually quite loud also but only to those persons that are really close to me. I also felt like Yu Yan is the same, we just nod to acknowledge each other.

Anqi links her arms with mine as she drag me on the way to our dorm, while Xiai and Yu Yan followed behind.

The moment we entered our dorm, Anqi made a celebratory dance, she wiggles her hips energetically and raises her arms above her head.

"Yes! All of us are in the A class!" she screamed.

Xiai laughs at her as she tease Yu Yan, "I was really startled the moment you sung on that mic Yu Yan!" She said, Yu Yan shyly hide her face but laughs with Xiai.

I also silently laugh with them as Yu Yan look at me, "Liu Yuxin's really a no joke." she teased but her face didn't change which makes it more funnier.

We are getting comfortable with each other when a sudden knock interrupted us.

Xiai opened the door, revealing Kun PD.

All of us immediately bowed as a symbol of respect, we are quite shocked because we didn't expect him to visit our dorms at this time.

He smiled at us and gave us a large paper bag, "Here, this bag is full of medicine and vitamins. I know how trainees dedicate their time in practicing and sometimes we unconsciously neglect our health."

Then, he give the paper bag to Xiai, because she's the one that is nearest to him.

We automatically bowed again to him.

He's so thoughtful.

I guess, we are very lucky to have him as one of our mentors. Not only he was once in our shoes, but he also genuinely cares about us.

"Thank you, PD Kun." We said, almost in sync.

He nodded at us and said, "Wow, all of you are in the A class, right?" he asked, roaming his eyes around all of us.

"Yes, PD Kun." Anqi answered him.

He smiled at us warmly and when his eyes meets mine, he immediately look away. I'am quite confused.

Guess, he didn't really like me? Huh?

He hurriedly exits our room after bidding us a goodbye. It seems like he wants to get out of here as soon as possible.

I'm still lost in my thoughts about why he acts like that in front of me when Anqi suddenly nudge me in the side.

"Liu Yuxin? You alright?" she asked.

I broke out of my daze and nodded at her, "I'm just going to shower." I said, forcing my tired self to go to the bathroom.

YU YAN

Observing PD Kun's behavior, I noticed how he became flustered when he met Yuxin's eyes. I also noticed his blush the moment he turn around to exit our room.

I smirk at myself.

Man, that boy is whipped.

"Am I the only one who felt some tension there?" Anqi asked, Xiai looks confused.

"Tension? Why would there be tension?" Xiai asked. Anqi grow silent but shrugs it off.

Oh, Anqi you are definitely not alone.

I will just keep this to myself and just observe.

I wanna know how this will go.

THE NEXT DAY

I'm the one who wakes up first, my bed is the bottom part of the double deck bed.

I stand up and stretch my body, the first thing I did is to check the morning face of my roommates.

Anqi is the first one I check, she got the top bed above mine, while Yuxin got the bottom part of the other double deck while Xiai got the top one.

I look at Anqi.

"Wow, she looks very tired." I said as I noticed how fully asleep she is with her dark circles clearly visible in her face.

Moving on to Xiai's face, I almost laugh but I held myself because she looks like a baby without those piercing eyeliner of hers.

Then, I move to Yuxin.

She looks like an angel, literally.

I began to do my usual morning routine.

After I take a bath, I put on our supposed to be uniform, the pink sweatshirt.

When I'am finished, three of my roommates are already fixing themselves up. Yuxin used the bathroom after me, followed by Anqi and then lastly, Xiai.

The silence surrounding us is quite comfortable when Anqi decided to ruin it, "What are we going to do today again?" she asked.

I sigh before answering her, "We are going to pick songs for the first performance evaluation." I explained.

Yuxin look up and asks, "We have some advantage right?" Xiai nodded her head at her.

After we finish fixing ourselves, all of us made our way together at the hall in which we have to gather.

As soon as we arrived there, PD Kun is already waiting for the trainees.

I look at Yuxin who is busy chatting with Anqi on what kind of song they're going to choose since both of them are aiming for the dance category.

Then, I look at PD Kun.

A knowing smirk formed in my face upon seeing him.

I knew it.

His gaze followed Yuxin and although he tries his best to hide it, nothing will went unnoticed to me. Other people might not noticed this but I literally have an eyes that sees through everything.

YUXIN

I'm talking with Anqi on what kind of song she'll choose on the first performance.

"I'm going to pick a girl power kind of dance." she said. I nod my head at her, I first want to pick a song that will show more of my strength.

Anqi looks at me, "Yuxin let's team up." she said.

I answered her, "I'm going to pick a song more like my style first. Our cooperation will come, don't worry." I replied, patting her head softly.

She pouted at my decision but understands it. I feel like someone is staring at me but when I looked around, everyone is busy. 

Weird.

A few minutes have passed and all trainees are now gathered inside the hall. PD Kun began to speak.

He first announced all songs categorized through dance, rap and vocals. I already have the song I want to perform.

The Eve by EXO.

"...and go!" He said making us confused at first but then, we immediately run to the song we want.

He's quite naughty.

Kiki and I picked "The Eve".