chapter X - something else

-Athena's POV-

I was about to reject him.

I didn't care if my wolf would not feel complete without her mate. I, myself, am strongly bonded with my sisters in the pack and contented with myself without a mate.

I was gonna recite the words to complete the rejection process but he did something that I wasn't expecting he would do. I should've known that in the nature of an Alpha, they were always impulsive, acting based on their feelings, without thinking things through.

"I, Athena Grace, Alpha of the Silvermoo-"

He cut me off , sealing his lips with mine. My muscles tensed as I felt sparks shooting up all over my body. His touch felt electric and the warmth of his lips sent tingles to my spine.

I stood there frozen in this newfound heat. His kiss was soft and pleading, his stubble lightly brushing my skin. Both my wolf and mind were debating over such heated action made by our mate. She nagged me to submit, to let him in, to kiss him back.

After all, this was my first kiss. Something was brewing inside of me, something that I felt in my core. This was something I have never felt before.

Then I remembered my mother's instructions. Her still small voice so clear in my mind.

"Do not fall in love."

Whenever a mate finally accepts their partner, they end up falling crazily in love with each other and I would do all means to avoid entering that kind of situation.

My mind overpowered my feelings and my instincts brought me back into reality just before I was about to give in. I am stronger than my feelings. Just as I can win any battle, I can also overcome this mate pull.

I let him get what he wanted. For me to easily slip from his grasp, I kissed him back, and moved my lips with his just so I could distract him.

His once tense and strong hands on my face relaxed as he felt me opening up to his kiss.

I lifted my hands and let it roam from his waist, up to his chest and settling my arms around his neck. I felt his hands being removed from my face and he decided to place it on my waist. And that was my chance, an opening.

I grabbed his elbow and flipped him over his shoulder in one swift movement. He landed horribly on the ground that I heard a crack and I was hoping it was his spine.

He groaned at the impact being made but alpha's were strong and I knew he can easily recover from that.

All I needed was a little time to escape from him. He was still in dazed and that was our opportunity to flee. We grabbed our moment to escape. I mindliked Reyna that we should shift since it was much faster to run as a wolf than to drive my car.

As we headed to the doorway, before shifting, I turned around and looked at him. Taking advantage of the fact that he was still in a trance from what I did to him, I recited the words that I've been wanting to say with all the resentment that I have for men especially Alphas like him.

"I, Athena Grace, Alpha of the Silvermoon Pack, reject you, Sebastian Stone, as my mate. Let this be known and acknowledged by the Moon Goddess herself that our bond has been broken and we are no longer mates." My voice boomed throughout the whole prison cell.

My wolf whimpered as I've finished. I felt her weakening at the fact of the bond being broken. There was a heavy feeling in my chest and I knew that it was my wolf's emotions being affected but I ignored it, knowing this will come to pass. We can be able to recover from this incident, without a mate by our side.

And with that, I turned my back to him and stepped outside, leaving the small house. I shifted into my wolf with my clothes ripping and felt my bones cracked underneath my skin. My hands turned into paws, and I transformed into a silky white wolf.

Our paws pounded on the ground as we ran into the forest under the light of the moon with Reyna's grey wolf following behind.

"My respect for you has gone into a whole new other level, Alpha." She said through our mindlink.

"It was for the best." I replied, remembering the stunned look on his face after I rejected him.

-Sebastian's POV-

She slipped through my fingers again, with a much more impact than before, than a push across the room.

I felt this pang in my chest after she left, after she rejected me. It was like a hole has plummeled down in my chest and I felt incomplete, unsatisfied, lost.

My wolf remained silent and wasn't communicating with me at this moment, yet I felt his pain and longing for his one true mate.

All the women would kill to be in her position, to be my mate, to be the Luna of this pack. Who wouldn't want that? How come that the one person whom I needed to have in my life, doesn't want me back?

I remembered her strong gaze as she looked down on me, she spoke every word without an ounce of hesitation.

Malcolm helped me stood up on my feet. He explained to me how he had witnessed everything that she had done to the five guys on the floor. With quick and swift movements, she had taken them down in just few several moments without a scratch on her.

"It was impossible to fight back. She already anticipated every move I made." He explained.

I looked down at the cracked cemented floor that she made, it reminded me of her strength, and unfortunately, a memory of my weakness,on how I let my guard down.

I've never seen such werewolf moved with extreme speed and agility, the way she took me down, the way she handled herself well in the forest without getting noticed by dozens of skilled warriors I assigned, and the way her eyes glowed gold even in human form.

"I apologize for the rejection she made to you, Alpha." Malcolm said sympathetically.

"What are your plans now?" He asked.

A werewolf like her was something else.

"It's time to consult the Elders." I said.

And I needed to know more.

___________________________________
Hey everyone!!
Oh.my.God.
How the heck did I get 1000th reads?!?!? 😳😳😳
I'm really shocked on how the past 24 hours many people have added my story to their reading list!
Just W O W 😲😲
I can't believe what I'm reading right now
I'm so thankful to you guys 💙💙

Also, I do apologize for the very very long time that I havent been updating.
It was a mix of a writers block and school stuffs for my course.

'Alpha Athena' has ranked #54 on the tag #werewolf 😳
Its the highest ranking yet

Don't forget to comment down below your thoughts!
And CLICK THE STAR BELOW TO VOTE!

Thank you so much guys!!!!!
Your reads, comments, votes are highly appreciated and inspires me to update in a daily basis.
💙💙💙💙
xxxx