Chapter IX - torn between two choices

I felt myself stopped breathing for a moment. My wolf was the strength of my pack, without it, I would be taken down from my position as the leader. What was more important? My mate or my wolf?

I never heard this kind of exchange before, this was out of the ordinary, but yet again, werewolves are out of the ordinary so this should not even surprise me.

She knew I was thinking it through, so she continued to speak out her proposal.

"My strength will fade once you take my wolf and I'll turn into an ordinary and normal human. Now how can I pursue her when I dont have the strength of my wolf with me. She does not even want to accept me as an Alpha, how much more when I'll turn into a normal human?" I countered, in the back of my mind, I also thought of the fact that my wolf was important not only to her, but also to the pack, my pack.

She thought for a moment, observing me so still. Then her eyes lit up as if an idea has crossed her mind.

"Oh, we, sisters, do love to see a story brewing.." she laughed lightly.

"We know your mate is a little bit.....hard to get." She chuckled.

"When you turn the age of twenty-six is all we can give for you to make her fall in love with you. WHEN you fail, your wolf will instantly be ours to share with my sisters." She declared.

Twenty-six? That's a month from now. March 23. 30 days to be exact. Is a month enough for her to fall in love with me? I shook my head at the almost zero chance of her being my mate. Am I this crazy and desperate to pursue her like this? To give up my wolf and my title as the Alpha just to make her mine?

"And we shall have the strength of an Alpha, strong enough to live another century." She breathed out.

My wolf was telling me this was a bad idea, but I know I can do it. I can pursue her to make her want me back.

"And what if I succeed?" I asked.

She raised her eyebrow and the corner of her lips stretched into a smile. The kind of smile that is up to something.

"Oh and if you'll succeed, then your wolf will still be ours. Its as simple as that." She shrugged.

"But-" I tried to protest but she cut me off, lifting her index finger to silence me.

"When she falls in love with you, its not about being an Alpha or having a strong wolf, Sebastian. When she falls in love with you, she will learn to accept you, wolf or not, as a whole being. Your beta downstairs, already warned you of the consequence of asking from us, Elders. There is always an exchange. Its your decision to give up your wolf and its a big price to pay." She spoke seriously.

I stared at her, my mind battling over two choices. To know the history of my mate or to give up my wolf in exchange for the information. Giving up my wolf means giving up my title as the Alpha of the pack.

Jade stretched her hand out for me to shake. "So what is it gonna be, Sebastian?" She asked, her eyes asking me to accept her offer. The offer of a lifetime. Am I this crazy and desperate enough to accept? Am I willing to risk it all, my wolf and my pack for her to fall in love with me?

"You know, its not too late to reverse the rejection. We can tell you everything you need to know." Her eyes gleamed with persuasion.