chapter XII - the Elders

-Athena's POV-

"Let every woman strictly guard the perimeters, and mindlink me immediately to whatever movement you may noticed." I commanded, ordering Reyna to disseminate the informatiom to her fellow pack members.

"Yes, Alpha." Reyna nodded

Many possible outcomes could happened  from what I did to that Alpha in his packhouse. He could either wallow in grief and in pain from the rejection I made or he could either chase my approval which will never happened.

But I chose to prepare for the worst one, he could stir up a war to invade my pack and forcefully make me as his mate, but that will not happened.

Many hunters, rogues and other foreign packs tried to seize my warriors for their personal reasons but not one succeeded and this one too, shall not.

Our pack maybe be small but my warriors, their strength and spirit are greater than any pack combined, and with the blessing of the Moon Goddess given to me, there was not even a slim chance of him conquering my pack and my wolf.

We were prepared for anything, and if we wants war, I'll gladly give him one.

___________________________________________________________________
-Sebastian's POV-

"Alpha, are we not gonna declare war against your mate who rejected you?" Malcolm asked, sitting on the passenger seat while I drive to meet with the Elders.

"I'll  throw your lifeless body off the bridge if you don't stop repeating that she rejected me." I warned.

"Alright, alright." He placed his hands up.

"So why again are we not declaring war against her?" He asked again.

"First, it would be too hypocritical of me to create a meeting of peace in the first place, then declaring war the next day.." I explained, raising my index finger while holding the steering wheel.

"Second, she went passed our borders without our highly skilled warriors not even noticing her scent nor her actions, and you suggest we go to war?" I raised an eyebrow at him, lifting my middle finger to point out the fact that we need to he cautious when declaring war against an unknown pack and the very unknown and mysterious female alpha.

He looked at me, realization dawning upon him and he understood, nodding slowly.

I shook my head. "Obviously, we can't." I told him.

But deep inside me, those were only superficial reasons why I can't declare war. The deeper reason beneath this choice was that, she was my mate and I needed to know more about her.

I needed to know why she was immune to our weakness, silver.

I didn't told Malcolm about what I knew about her, this information was purely confidential. Like what happened in the packhouse, he accidentally blurted out that I was rejected.

If others would know she was immune to silver and would spread this secret to other packs, she'd be precious and priceless to the eyes of many. I wouldn't want that to happen.

She was mine and suppose to be mine.

We drove passed fields of green for two hours then the scenery changed slowly into black withered trees, without a single green matter in sight. Everything was eerie as the broad daylight changed into a smouldering storm.

Malcolm looked at the surroundings through the tinted window. "I only heard stories about the Elders from my dad." He said.