Chapter 1

Teardrop skidded to a halt, a cliff in front of her. Raindrop always told her to never hang out by it. She'd crash into a small puddle and never live again. Slowly and carefully she backed away, tripping over the long stretches of grass as she stumbled. She was about three months old, yet she was still small and stubby, her vision only slightly cloudy.
"Teardrop!" Raindrop called from the window. Teardrop spun around to her home and darted over to the window, staggering. She found it very hard to move on such short legs. "I'm almost done with dinner, be home in ten minutes please," Raindrop smiled at her. Teardrop nodded, turning away and dashing off in a hurry, her stubby legs finally not tripping over each other. "Wait! Stop!" Cried a strange voice from behind the trees. She stumbled to the voice, her eyes wide as curiosity tingled in her chest. A small hand pulled her close, there an old object stood in front of her. It was a Toothpick, and it almost looked as if he were stretching over her. "Little Dewdrop," Toothpick mumbled, his eyes burning into Teardrop's. Teardrop tilted her head, sweeping the fallen leaves off the ground with her foot as Toothpick hesitated. "You look like her..I- she was just like you, a drop but crystal clear and slightly glazed with leafy green, she died from getting run over by a car!" Toothpick sounded desperate to see her again. "She didn't want to train. She wanted to live a normal life. But you, she is in you! I can see it!" Toothpick stared into her eyes. Teardrop stepped back, a scared breath escaping her. This toothpick's insane! "Come with me," Toothpick beckoned. "It's clear all drops need training. As a lesson, all drops must avenge," Toothpick began to walk. Teardrop hesitated before following, her heart pounding fiercely in her throat as fear engulfed her.
They arrived in an alleyway, lights seeming to fade into darkness as she walked. She had to find her way back after this! Toothpick took a step back in front of her, Teardrop looking up gingerly. "We're starting now," Toothpick nodded before leaping into the air, over Teardrop, and crashing to the ground, his belly crushing with the concrete beneath them. He had all his fingers out and bent like claws, and getting up he cleared his throat. "The underbelly-throw," Toothpick walked back in front of her but farther. "Try it."
For a moment Teardrop stood there confused, shifting awkwardly. "Come on! Do what I did!" Toothpick yowled. Teardrop nodded, focusing on Toothpick as she tensed. What was this feeling? This hunger wasn't snarling for food, but something very powerful. Bunching her muscles, she let out an enormous leap, landing askew across Toothpick and twisting to the ground. She gasped in pain as her side burned, tears in her eyes. "You have to go straight, and don't be afraid of flying through the air." Toothpick helped her up. Blurry-eyed, she focused again, backing away. She leapt up once more, tossing herself into Toothpick in a fury of claws and slaps. They both fell awkwardly. Teardrop had landed on Toothpick while twisting in the air. Gasping in pain and fear, she stumbled off Toothpick, her sides heaving as she breathed deeply, wincing. "You're doing great, just put all your weight into yourself as you land perfectly," Toothpick staggered up. "You may rest for now, but visit me soon."
Teardrop waddled home, her eyes glinting with excitement as she bust the door open, scrambling in. "Where were you! It took thirty minutes for you to realize you needed to get home!?" Raindrop scolded. The glint in Teardrop's eyes faded dramatically as she hurried to sit down in her chair. Looking down at her plate there was spaghetti. Her eyes drooped, she was sick of this already.