Chapter 3

Where is she? Teardrop wandered around her ambient-light dream, mist beginning to form around her as she trekked, seeing a blue forest in the distance that seemed to glow. She tilted her head curiously and began to stumble towards the woods. Something grabbed her by the arm and held her back with a jerk. She turned towards the being, it was Dewdrop!
"Now Teardrop, we don't go there, do we? It can be very dangerous to go there unsupervised with us alone together!" Dewdrop smiled. Teardrop smiled back and looked slightly down, her head rustling with confusion. Oh please let me wander there someday. "Teardrop...something very bad will happen in a few seasons. Something that will ruin your life. And the seasons behind it will be filled with tears and blood," Dewdrop whispered with sorrow. What do you..What do you mean? "Teardrop, the afterlife can't always share something specific to you.. I'm so sorry. There will be many heart-twisting things behind it though, Teardrop..you must stay strong no matter what happens to you, you cannot be broken. You are very special, more special than any drop or object here in Goiky." Okay, but- what about me and Toothpick? "You and Toothpick will normally continue to have training sessions, your up-coming school might delay it though, as he always finds you at twelve-to-one PM." Dewdrop nodded before grabbing both of Teardrop's small, little hands. "No matter what, you will always be with the one gone, you'll always be with The Afterlife, the loved ones that die on your path still walk alongside you no matter what.." Dewdrop murmured.
Immediately darkness swept over her. Teardrop gasped, thrashing around in pure panic, the more she breathed, the more pain shot straight through her lungs. She struggled, spluttering and wheezing as her lungs drooped with heaviness. Dewdrop, help me! Teardrop continued to kick around in fear, soon a drop of blood floated in front of her as she calmed, staring at it with panting and hasty breaths. She reached for the drop of blood, gripping it. It flowed out from the cracks of her fist majestically, she heard the muffled trickling of water, and then she was able to breathe. Then dark red covered her, blinding her from the light above, and blurring the sounds of trickling water. She opened her eyes to the blood covering her, trembling. Muffled sirens sounded from the distance as she began to sink in the endless void of blood.
"Teardrop."
"Teardrop?"
"Teardrop!!"
Immediately, Teardrop awoke, panting. She was covered with her own sweat, she was pale and looked like she'd just seen her worst nightmare. Raindrop stared at Teardrop in pure shock, her mouth slightly opened. I'm okay, mom..it was just a dream..just a dream..
    "Teardrop..honey..- you looked like you were about to scream-- you kept.. Thrashing and flopping around desperately.. You were clawing your bed!" Raindrop looked horrified, scared for her. I'm fine! It was just a dream! I swear, I'm okay now. I'm awake. Raindrop pulled her into a hug, shivering. "Oh my God... are you okay?" Raindrop shivered. Tears formed in Teardrop's eyes, she nodded shakily, gripping her mother's back with fear. What was that? What happened? Am I going to die if I don't figure this thingy out?
    Teardrop rested her head on the table as she waited for her food, her belly rumbling. Raindrop set down some pancakes in front of her, smiling. My favourite! Teardrop leapt up, beginning to eat immediately. "Do you like it?" Raindrop looked down at her, she was already done. "Teardrop! There were three pancakes..there's no way you ate them that fast." Raindrop looked down at the floor. I did, and I want more. She stared up at her mother with pleading eyes. Raindrop shook her head, picked up the plate and walked off to the kitchen. "We don't need you fattening yourself up with pancakes." Raindrop set the plate down into the sink.
    I don't know why I feel so trapped and worried about something..I..It feels like i'm different from the others. I know more than I should..but life is perfect. Why am I worrying? Why am I concerned? Should I know all these battle tactics..these..words? She looked down, her hands gripped together on the table. All she could think of was pleasing her mother and not causing trouble, especially when Dewdrop watches over her, she should make the best choices. She's chosen. Teardrop walked over to the door and knocked on it, Raindrop nodding to her. "You may play outside, I'll be washing the dishes."
    Teardrop smiled, running to her room, grabbing a box of chalk, then scurrying back to the door and unlocking it and opening it, rushing outside. She shoved the door shut before running out to the sidewalk in excitement, setting the box down. She calmly sat down, taking out a cyan piece of chalk. She then drew a square, it's eyes closed with a tear on it's left eye, then drew a smile on it. She drew smaller cubes as it's hands under it, satisfied. She drew many random things on the sidewalk. Swirls, dots, circles, fish, cats, dogs. Strangely, there was the same cube, with squares as hands walking by. It was just like her drawing! The tear, the clothes, it's beautiful scarf, his pitiful hands. Teardrop stared after the cube-headed guy, glancing down at her doodle. Woah-
    She tried to clear the strange cube from her head, hearing voices from ahead of the sidewalk. She glanced up, seeing Firey, a blue fan, and the leaf. She quickly looked back down, not even drawing.
    "Don't hurt her.." The leaf murmured. "Watch me!" Firey ran up to Teardrop, his eyes burning into her doodles. Teardrop looked up at Firey, her eyes wide and her chest exploding with fear. Firey crushed the cyan chalk by her, Teardrop instantly getting up. Tears formed in her eyes, and she then ran away, the mocking voices of the fan and Firey fading behind her. She ran back into the house, a stone in her belly as she cried noisily.
    "T-Teardrop!" Raindrop cried, running over to her. "A-Are you okay?"  She petted her gently. Teardrop shakily nodded, sniffling as she hugged Raindrop close. "No more going outside..okay sweetie?" She nuzzled her. Teardrop nodded in agreement, her chest screaming with rage as she thought furiously of Firey. One day...