Fun and Games

Y/n sat in her hospital room watching the channel that was broadcasting the volleyball matches. She hugged onto the stuffed animals her mom had brought that the boys had gotten her last time. She bit the tip of her thumb as she watched the match of Karasuno and Wakutani South.

    She smiles as she saw that they had won and threw her hands up. 

    "Y/n you need to settle down so I can give you your medicine." One of y/n's nurses had said getting a shot ready to put in her IV. Y/n has been there for two days and is on her third, she's ready to leave.

    "When will I be able to go back to my team?" Y/n says sighing and leaning back onto her bed, looking over at the nurse then to her mom then back to the nurse.

    The nurse looked at the clipboard that she had and twiddled her pen against it. "Well you aren't able to walk on your own properly so..." The nurse looked over to y/n's mom and smiled gently making y/n look over at her mom.

    "What?" Y/n asks. 

    Her mom grasped her hand and smiled up at the nurse then sighed. "You can be discharged tomorrow bu-"

    Y/n did a little dance in her bed and smiled. "I get to leave tomorrow!"

    "But!" Her mom continued making y/n calm down and look at her. "You won't be able to walk due to the conditions in your legs, we are scared you'll collapse again."

    Y/n looked down at her hands and started to play with her fingers. "S-so then what will I use to get around?"

    "The hospital is providing you a wheelchair for the time being. You'll have to come back every so often for physical therapy and so we can take your stitches out of your head." The nurse says flipping through papers.

The nurse talks to y/n's mom outside of the room about stuff for the future then the nurse leaves. Y/n's mom was about to walk back in until a boy had caught her attention.

    "H-hello" Hinata says rubbing the back of his head while his other hand holds flowers in it. " Mrs. l/n"

    "Please call me f/n" She says smiling at him. "Here to see y/n?"

    Hinata blushes a little and nods his head.

   "Well I just was about to say my goodbyes, but you're welcome to stay." Her mom says smiling and walking back in.

    Hinata follows behind her and finds his way to the couch. Y/n looks over at him and smiles then looks at her mom. "Do I really have to use a wheelchair mom? She didn't even give me a day or time or whatever that I can start to walk without it."

    "Honey, she said once you take physical therapy then we will go from there." Her mom says looking at her. "Now give me a hug, I have to go but," she then rolled her shoulders. "Hinata's here." 

    Y/n punches her mom's shoulder weakly and hugs her. "Goodnight mom" She laughs. "I'll see you tomorrow."

    Her mom leaves and y/n sits up as she looks over at Hinata. "Soooo I saw the first few games."

    Hinata jumps up and gets excited. "I know! When we played against Johzenji they were very energetic and this one guy even had a tongue piercing."

    "That's so cool!" Y/n laughs.

    They talk about the matches played and time had passed.

    Hinata laughs then slowly stops laughing and stands up. He walks over to y/n saying nothing making y/n nervous. She embraces her self for anything. Hinata gently touches her bandage on her head and looks at her worried.

    Y/n grabs his hand and looks at him. "It's fine Hinata."

    "No it's not." Hinata says raising his voice a bit. "I was on that bus expecting you to get on and sit next to me." His hand tightens around hers. "I-I was so scared and sad when coach and Suga told me the news." He had tears in his eyes.

    Y/n notices and gently pulls on his hand to make him lean in and she hugs him. "I'm fine now. You don't have to worry anymore more, Hinata." She rests her head against his shoulder. "I have to admit I'm a bit scared as well. I-I'm scared that I can't play volleyball with you or the team ever again. I'm tired of sitting in this bed."

    Hinata tightens his grip around her and then pulled away looking at her with a sparkle in his eye. "Get in your chair."

    Y/n looks at him confused. "What?"

    "Just get in your chair. We'er gonna have some fun." 

    She looked at him still confused but listened and got into her wheelchair. Hinata unlocked the chair wheel and pushed her to the door. He peeked his head out and then slowly started to push her out of her room.

    "Wait Hinata we are gonna get in trouble" Y/n says quietly. "It's passed visiting hours."

    He continued to push her down the hall and made a turn to the vending machine.

    "Why are we here?" Y/n says giggling a bit.

    Hinata goes up to the vending machine. "Whatcha want?"

    Y/n thinks for a bit then says, "skittles."

    "Good choice."

    He gets a few more things from the machine and then lays them in y/n's lap. Y/n tries to open a pack of skittles and they burst everywhere. The two quickly look at each other and begin to bust up laughing.

    A light turns on and a nurse pops her head out. "Hey! What are you two doing?" The nurse shouts as she starts to walk towards them.

    Hinata and y/n look at each other again then start to head the opposite direction. The nurse shouts again and starts to run at the two. Hinata starts running with y/n and makes race car sounds as they speed up. 

    Y/n starts laughing and yells, "Go Hinata!" The two make it to the room and quickly shut the door and peeked out the tiny window to see the nurse that had been chasing them run by.

    The two looks at one another and laugh. Y/n tries to settle down as she made her way back to the bed and struggled a little bit to get out of the chair. Hinata walks over to her and turns on the locks on the wheels and picks y/n up bridal style.

    Y/n blushes and looks at a painting on a wall. "Y-you don't have to do that.

    "I know," Hinata says as he sets her down on the bed. "But I wanted to." He then sits on the bed and opens some m&m's and pops a few in his mouth.

    Y/n looks up at him until he notices. He stops from putting a m&m in his mouth and looks at her. "What?"

    She just smiles and opened up a candy bar. "Thank you for making me laugh. I needed it."

    Hinata blushes a bit then scratches the back of his neck. "You don't have to thank me."

   Y/n puts her chin in her hand and smiles at him. Hinata looks at her and smiles back. They just look at each other for a bit then Hinata places a hand on hers and rubs his thumb against her hand.

    She blushes and looks down at their hands then looks up when she feels another hand on her cheek. Y/n sees that Hinata is blushing a bit and that he has leaned in a little.

    Y/n leans in as well so that they are a few centimeters from one another. "M-may I?" Hinata asks blushing more. Y/n giggles a bit then leans in more so that their lips are touching.