Giorno Giovanna • My Treat

Giogio time is the best time

"Magic tricks? Seriously?"

Home—you could've grinned, manoeuvring through the airport.

The overabundance of coffee chains was difficult to ignore when they smelt so good and yet as enticing as they were, the thought of just arriving home proved as the overall winner.

A summer's breeze greeted you as you exited and felt quite invigorating, after having been cooped up in a humid tin can. Around you, tourists bustled with their heads stuck in travel guides, suitcases trailing behind like lazy dogs. The thriving atmosphere of Naples never ceased, you found.

"That's so weird!"

Your attention diverted to an odd scene. Two security officers were open-mouthed in horrific delight, watching a man folding his ear into itself. You weren't sure if you shared their enthusiasm for the show and tell, but you were certainly intrigued by him. Pink grandeur style, complemented by the hair of spun gold.

But yet you couldn't look for too long, out of fear of being rude and set off to join the endlessly long taxi queue. Inconvenient. A sigh escaped you, your suitcase resting heavily on its four wheels.

"Mi scusi, Signora?"

Your gaze lifted, falling upon a pair of alluring green eyes. It was him.

He began with a smile that appeared rehearsed, unblinking eyes that observed intently. Without hitch so far—he nodded at the long line of people. "I can drive you to your hotel. You'll be waiting for hours, here." The smile stayed and he held his head at a slight angle, keen for your response.

"Thank you, Signor, but I'm not on holiday. I live in Naples." You shot him a knowing smile. "Don't worry, I'm sure there are many tourists for you to extort money from."

His expression flickered and he regarded you for a few seconds, adjusting his superficial disposition. His smile tugged higher. "Thirty thousand Lira, to wherever you would like to go."

You decided to humour him, raising a brow at his persistence. "Fifteen thousand Lira."

He considered the amount, brightening with a charmingly calculated compromise. "A once in a lifetime offer for someone as beautiful as yourself; twenty thousand Lira."

"You're trying to sweeten me for a handsome tip, arent you?"

An airy, yet endearingly genuine chuckle tumbled from his lips. "Hand firmly on my heart, no. I'm an earnest worker, Signora."

You noticed you hadn't moved from your spot in line and the sun had already begun to beat down upon your brow. An undecided hum left you.

"My offer stands, take it or leave it." He subtly encouraged. "I will not ask twice."

"Sure, I'll take it." You trusted your intuition. "No funny business, sì?"

His cheeks raised, winsome in his soft tone. "You have my word."

A comfortable silence settled between you both, during the short way to his car. Few words had been exchanged about your destination, which he was familiar with. He guided you to a blue car and as you walked to the passenger side, that smile had returned.