Pannacotta Fugo • 1 • Last Confession

Not a request; just an idea that's keeping me from all the requests😔✌🏻

(y/f/f) = your favourite flowers

Angst time boys

Knowing death is coming sooner rather than later, is a hard pill to swallow.

The boss got you.

At first, the pain was the most intense onslaught of feeling you had ever experienced in your life. There was a striking numbness beginning to set in your extremities now. Laying a growing pool of your own blood, you knew your end was close. A few minutes, at a push.

You could spend your last moments in self-pity, denying the inevitable. Or you could lay and reflect on your life and all the goodness in it.

But there was something you had to do—something you hadn't got around to doing.

Your phone was unfamiliarly heavy in your trembling hands and you dialled a specific number. The only other one you had ever bother to remember, other than your own.

The rings seemed to drag. Your world was slowing down, coming to a gradual halt.

Answered.

"Fugo," You said quietly, making the conscious effort to keep your voice steady. "hey."

There was a short silence. You couldn't even hear him breathe.

"(Y/n)...I'm surprised to hear from you."

You battled with the invisible weights upon your eyelids. You stared aimlessly at the last blue sky you'd ever see. A couple of seagulls flew across your vision. You weren't sure if you'd miss them. You hadn't given it much thought.

"I'm sorry." His voice was uncharacteristically tight. "I've let you all down. I'm supposed to be Bucciarati's second in command and I've failed him—"

"No, no, none of that talk, please. You...It was a tough decision and at the end of the day, you chose the best option for yourself. You haven't let us down...You haven't let me down." You attempted to assure him.

He sighed irritably and it sounded as if pent up frustrations, were finally surfacing. "Exactly. It was the best option for me...Selfish and unforgivable—"

"Fugo—"

"This is also very selfish, but I wish you hadn't gotten on the boat...Stayed with me." He struggled in a quiet voice. You wish you hadn't gotten on that boat, too.

"I know," You said. "I wish I was with you."

Huh—it was odd. You thought your heart would be slowing until it simply stopped, but it was erratically drumming. Vertigo toyed with your head, bile in your throat. Futilely, you pressed your other hand to the gaping hole in your stomach. You were somewhat relived you couldn't see the aftermath of being punched all the way through. Blood seeped like water through your fingers.

You had no idea blood could feel so warm. Maybe you were just cold. 

"Please, just...Just get back as soon as you can."

Tears of pain were replaced with those of sadness. Your lips quivered. "Mhm."

He hesitated. "I've upset you."

You faintly felt yourself shaking your head as if he could somehow see. "You haven't, Panna. I'm just...Tired."

God, you were so cold. So numb.

"When your back you can rest and then," He exhaled heavily. "then I just...I just want to spend all my time with you."

You couldn't smile. Too tired. "That's all I want."

"I have (y/f/f)." He said randomly. "For you, not me."

"My favourite." You nearly whispered.

"Of course, cara."

And your mind began to dwindle. Flowers, funerals. But would they find your body? Who would tell Fugo? You were going to die.

You were going to die.

"(Y/n)? Can you hear me? Damn service."

That beautiful blue serene was fading.

"I love you, Fugo."

There was a startling silence and you thought you had slipped away until Fugo spoke anxiously.

"(Y/n), amore, are you okay?"

There was no sky, now. No feeling.

"I'm tired." You mumbled.

"Sorry, sorry...You must be exhausted." He sighed, trying to rationalise his thoughts. "I'm worried. I just want you back."

One last breath.

Fugo's voice wavered. "I'm so in love with you."

The phone fell from your grip.

You weren't sure if he had carried on speaking. Perhaps maybe he just assumed you had fallen asleep, or the line had been cut and yet it was okay.

He knew you loved him and that was all that mattered.

Sixjxbxbbsbsbsbxbsnnsnsjwiwiqiqjajsnnxnxbxbxbbdbdbdbebwbwnqmqkakduxyxgsvwbsnfmclclcodjsuzuxyxyxushahehbdvdbxjxixixizis