Chapter 4

So I told my friend I would update yesterday, but I got busy. So, in an apologetic manner,I'll be updating two chapters today!

"Spill." Irene ordered in a domineering attitude towards her two mischievous friends. Violet raised her eyebrows as she seemed to have caught onto something,

"Nothing happened." Avery smoothly spoke as she feigned confusion. "I just found a really good book at the library. See?" She held up a book from her pile.

"I don't recall every telling you about confessing to anyone yet. How did I suddenly get a boyfriend?"Irene probed.

"Did I say that?" Avery tilted her head as a twinkle appeared in her eyes. "It was a wild guess."

"Avery..." Violet said in shock. "How in the world did you find out?"

"Find out what?" Avery continued smiling, and Sheila began to smile too.

"Do tell what happened, dear Avery. I wouldn't want your sister to get her hands on this." Irene smiled maliciously as she held up a notebook.

"You wouldn't dare!" Avery said in shock. She made a jump for the notebook, but as Irene was still on her bunk, it was a simple matter for Irene to hold the book higher.

"Willing to tell now?" Irene looked expectant as she slowly flipped through the notebook. "This would work, a simple picture is fine." Irene took out her phone from her pocket and she prepared to take a picture.

"I saw the tickets." The phone immediately disappeared from Irene's hands and the notebook was dropped to Avery.

"So you saw the tickets. Then, you asked Violet if she was busy this Saturday. Since she wasn't, you used your incredible deduction skills to figure out that I was gonna confess to Ray. Using the strange logic you have, you thought that Arya liked me too, and agreed."

"Mmm. You sure you didn't take a pic of anything in here?" Avery asked suspiciously.

"Nah. How'd you rope Sheila into this?" Irene asked.

"She was with me. It was completely her idea." Avery said, pushing the blame onto Sheila.

"So it was the both of you."

"Anyway, we're gonna have to find a better place to stay. The rent here is rather high" Violet said, changing the subject.

"All done with!" Sheila said. "We're moving Sunday."

"Is the place nice?" Irene said.

"It's good. I won a free stay for a week and a 300$ per month rent if we like the place."

"Free WiFi?" Avery asked.

All looked expectantly at Sheila as she explained the dealings.
"Let's get that place!" Everyone agreed in unison. "There is no way that we're gonna give that apartment up!"

So. Another short chapter. The next won't be that bad tho. It's gonna be fun, and you'll get a few surprises! Those interested in the contents of Avery's notebook will have to wait for a later chapter where it will be explained!