Chapter 1: Betrayal

After the fall of King Glutton, the Nether plunged into a civil war. The pigmen, now led by an individual known only as the False Pig King, seek to destroy the withers and reunite the Nether. The withers, led by General Naeus, believe that the pigmen will lead the Nether to ruin.

   In order to unite both sides, Naeus must harness the powers of the late Undead Lord Herobrine and the Nether Star and defeat the False Pig King.

   Herobrine's head lies in the Mystic Forest. The Nether Star is still contained within the body of presumably dead Nether Princess Abigail. In order to obtain the star, her body must be destroyed.

   And so, a ceremony was held to commemorate the young princess.

________________________________________________________________________________

   High above the lava sea, Naeus stood proud, Abigail's body in his arms. He began to march towards the ledge, wither skeletons around him looking down. And with one swift motion, he threw her body. He watched as she barreled down towards the lava. But to his surprise, Abigail's body was engulfed in a brief purple flash before vanishing. She reappeared on a patch of soulsand on the shore, slowly standing up. Tears welled in her eyes as she looked at Naeus.

   Feeling betrayed, she ran away, disappearing behind a mound of basalt. Naeus became frustrated. With the Nether Princess still alive, there was no way for him to absorb the star. As he began to walk away from the ledge, Kralos, the Wither Commander, slammed his axe on the netherrack.

   "Are you blind?! Our soon-to-be King must have that star if he is to defeat the False Pig King! HUNT THE PRINCESS AND KILL HER!"

________________________________________________________________________________

   The frustrated skeleton general stood on a balcony, looking off at the withers and pigmen clashing. Behind him, a girl wearing black and red armor with long brown hair approached.

   "Ah, welcome, Caitlyn," Naeus spoke with his deep, booming voice, "I trust that your assassins are ready?"

   "Indeed they are, General," Caitlyn responded. Naeus sighed deeply.

   "The Nether Princess is alive. And she still has the star."

   Caitlyn stepped back upon hearing this information. Like many Netherkin, she had assumed that Abigail died during her duel with her former lover, Rain Arlon, also known as the Dragon Tamer.

    "Denizen lives to fight another day. What do you propose we do to stop them?"

   Denizen had been the one who originally revived Abigail, and he had been her personal assistant and advisor ever since. When she 'died', Denizen went on a rampage, killing numerous withers and pigmen before disappearing in the soulsand valley. He had been spotted near the Wither Riders' castle shortly before what would've been Abigail's supposed funeral.

   "Hunt them down and bring the star to me. I must go achieve more power. That star is key to ending the False Pig King's tyranny upon this realm."

   "Do you want them dead or alive?" Naeus sighed again.

   "Kill them both. The star is all that matters."

   "I will retrieve both of their heads and bring them back to you, same with the star. Abigail was not worthy of becoming the Nether Princess. I will show my loyalty and dedication to the horde by completing this task."

   Caitlyn turned around and walked into the hall. Two armored Netherkin were soon by her side, one being slightly taller than the other, signifying that he was a wither skeleton. Further down the hall, a human male with a red camo outfit joined them, accompanied by a girl wearing a red dress and a blindfold with cherry red hair to top off her appearance.

   They made their way to a room with a table that had a map of the Nether on it. "General Naeus has tasked us with finding and killing the Nether Princess. She was last spotted running away from the lava sea towards the soulsand valley. It has been said that the rogue piglin Denizen is accompanying her. Dorian, Tiranius, you two shall assist me in taking on the princess directly. Valentino, Karina, you two will deal with Denizen and back us up if necessary."

   "Denizen will be easy to take on. He's nothing more than a demented and confused lunatic," the one wearing red camo scoffed.

   "You underestimate Denizen's capabilities, Valentino," the shorter armored Netherkin spoke up. "Do you remember how many of us he tore through when he went berserk? He will not hesitate to cut us all to pieces."

   "I suppose you have a point, Dorian. But I still say he's a lunatic."

   Valentino then looked over at the girl with cherry red hair. Despite having a blindfold on, she looked back at him, smiling a little. Tiranius cleared his throat.

   "Save it for later, you two. We have a job to do." He turned back to Caitlyn. "I myself have been slain by Abigail once before. Do not assume she will be a weak opponent."

   "I'll do whatever it takes to kill her."

   Caitlyn took her machete off of her back and, for a second, a shadowy black aura could be seen emitting from the blade.