2

She's always wanted to be free, explore her world and know what love feels like. So drawn to herself and scared of saying out yet thoughts and feelings, she built a large wall around her heart more or less trying to guard it from toxics. Now she sat staring into naught wondering when her life would take it's full shape and in what way. At a very tender age, Mirabel already started dreaming and planning of the things she wanted to achieve, so sad she did it all on her own because sometimes it's just hard explaining yourself to people who don't share the same vision as you. Those were her family cause she didn't even have people she could call friends as at then, thanks to her mum. Let's just say she was growing way faster than her age.
"Miraa!!" Her mum called, dragging her to remember that she had an entrance exams today
Mira's mum is what you could call a stern disciplinarian. Always stocked on her daughter and protecting her from God knows what, at some point she makes it unbearable.
"You're gonna be late"
"I Know mamaah, almost done!" She yelled back
Today is meant to be Mira's examination day into college. Graduating from high school, she had a dream of continuing in a private military college somewhere in cape town but unfortunately, like every other choices Mira has decided, this was countered by her mum.
"Mamaah?" She called her mum
"I'm listening" mum replied in her usual manner
"I wanna go to the military college. I admire them" innocent Mira was erring out her thoughts
"Ha, military??... You don't know what you are saying" her mum said
Actually Mira had a clue of how this conversation was going to end but she decided to be persistent.
"Mamaah I'm being serious... Besides my friends are going there too"
Just then Mira's mum raised her head a little bit and deep down she knew she had just messed up by speaking of her friends. Mum has always stood against her making friends, giving countless number of excuses why not to trust them.
" Hmm, the military college is too far Mira... You can't go to a boarding school"
"But mum!, What about others going there... what's the big deal, I would eventually learn to cope off course", Mira said angrily already getting tired of the whole confinement
"Stay home and go to school and whatever you want to... I know better"   just like that poor Mira knew there was nothing she could do. Feeling so frustrated she left.
Today she is getting ready for her fate at Starlight Academy, her mum's final pick for her after long days of talking and pleading. A walkable distance from their house makes it a more obvious reason why her mum picked it.
"Dear Lord, I don't like this school.. If ever I make it, don't keep me there for too long" Mira prayed silently before stepping out
"Were you dressing for a fashion show!?" Her mum asked angrily
"Ahh mum plleease, I'm done"
"Hope you took all you'll be needing" her mum enquired
"Yeesss" Mira replied rolling her eyes, her can be so conscious.
The both stepped into the car and the journey began.