3

Getting to the school gate, Mira felt so tensed. Like every other exams or activities pertaining to academics Mira has always felt like she wasn't good enough. Perhaps this was because of the way her father always spoke to her on different occasions on how much of a failure she is. Those words crushed her heart so hard at every point of remembrance. She exhaled and got ready to face whatever it was she was about to face. It's her cross to bear anyways.
"... The environment is so nice" she came out of her thoughts to realize that her mum was speaking.
"You'll eventually get to like" the woman concluded as she parked under a tree. Quietly, Mira stepped down. Where she came from, you accept something before liking it instead of the other way round. Taking in the environment and not really paying attention to her mother's words she began imagining life in this place. New faces, new rules, new activities and all that.
Walking round the school, examining the blocks aroused the anger of knowing she was not going to the military college in Mira. With all the praises and efforts her mum made to lighten up her mood and make her see the good in it, Mira couldn't just settle into the scenario. Her mind was somewhere else.
"Good day ma" a young girl greeted as she approached them. From her physical appearance Mira could tell she was a senior.
"Thank you my dear, what class are you? Her mum asked
" Ss3" she replied giving Mira this a- new- student kind of look. Mira simply rolled her eyes away.
Knowing that her mum for who she is might end up spending the whole day on interrogations decided to cut the matter short. She reminds her mum of what brought them there.
"Ohh, please where is the exams taking place?" Her mum asks the girl
"It's the last class in front by your left ma, I think there are others waiting already" the senior student replies before leaving.
"Thank you" Mira uttered weakly before hurrying ahead of her mum. It's not like she was actually anticipating this.
Arriving there, Mira stepped into the class to be welcomed by many strange faces and just then her heart starts racing speedily. " You better calm the hell down" she said to her self
"Alright everbody" a man says as he works in from the back door just as Mira gets to her seat.
"Let's get settled, we are starting soon" he continues as some people whom she assumes to be fellow teachers are distributing what seems like the question and answer booklet.
"Hey" a voice says from behind, ' you've got someone here?' Mira turns to the face Wondering if that was a question or statement.
"Nnoo" she drags her reply. About to turn back to her work, she decides to reciprocate the action
" How about you?" She asked
"Oh yea, two" the girl replied with a smile " that's why I'm here" Mira raised a brow considering what she was happy about and wondered why she, she is here.
"I'm Vivian, what's yours?" The girl went on.
Okay this actually seemed to Mira like she was about getting into some kind of friendly thing with the girl, it wasn't bad but she just wasn't used to such.
"Uhm.." Contemplating whether to lie or not, "Mira, my name is Mirabel" she said deciding to stick to sincerity
"Oh nice name" before Mira could reply further, the man now sure to be the invigilator cut in
"All eyes on your work, you can stay now" he said loudly.
" I don't want to see your heads moving" he added and Mira just raised and eyebrow and smirked at him.
" Good luck" she could hear Vivian whisper behind her, "good luck too' she turned and whispered back with a smile only turning back to meet the man staring at her, giving her a look that immediately dead the smile she had.
"Oh wow", she said under her breath, straighten up and began to write.