7

So she woke up today and decided to spend lone time with her books. Mira was secretly writing an essay for a competition she applied for. Although she knew she couldn't physically go there and even if she could, she was definitely sure she won't be allowed by her parents. so she decided to stay in doors and write using that as an opportunity or way of building herself. Anything writing and reading especially novels, she picked so much interest. One more paragraph and I will be done, she thought to herself but was interrupted by a knock from her mother.
" What are you doing?", "Uhm, just trying to joy down a few things... I'm reading" Mira lied immediately.
" Miraa!!' that day her mum called from outside. When Mira rushed out to meet her, from the look on her face she knew she was bursted. " Here I am" she tried not to quiver.
Her mum handed her phone over to her, " read that out". Looking at the screen Mira almost lost her breath. Like she was confused, wondering how possible it was for her mum to get her. She must have made a mistake somewhere she thought. Right in front of her, in her mum's phone was a picture of her in an online site where she registered to join a group. Far away in thought her mum urged, " didn't you hear me!?, I said read that thing to my hearing". Reluctantly, Mira read it out to her mom's hearing and when she was done, " that's all" she returned the phone. " What is the meaning of that??, Can you explain" her mum started. Mira exhaled knowing fully well that there is no explanation she would give that could save her now.
" My friends told me about the group for art students and I was interested so decided to apply" " and you must add your picture in it?" " That was one of the things needed in the registration" right now, Mira was facing judgement. Her mum started feasting her with the different wrongs about what she had done not forgetting to add few warnings and threats. The sum up was if Mira tried it again she won't be going to school and her phone would be seized. The girl just apologized and vowed within never to let her projects known again. With tears dancing around her eyes, she went back to her room immediately logged into the site and opted out of the group.
Remembering that today, Mira decided to immediately cover up her write up with a book as her mum approached. " I asked your brothers to remain your food, aren't you eating?" Her mum say on the bed. " Not hungry now, when I'm done I will eat". Mira replied getting back to what she was writing- the real thing, since her mum was sited away. It looked like she was suspicious or probably had her own reasons for coming to the room. She started bringing up past unnecessary topics which were actually distracting Mira. So she prayed silently that something takes her out of the room and well it did. As they were talking, mum's phone rang from the other room. " Sam!!", " Micheal!!" None of her brothers responded. Mira made to go for the phone when her mum got up and she immediately sat back, allowing her leave at once. " Okay take care, I need to check who is calling me this early" with that her mum left the room. Now she was at ease and could fully go back to what she was writing.
Few minutes later, her mum called. Frustrated, Mira rolled her eyes and got up, " yeesss!!". She went to her mum's room and as she stepped in, was welcomed with a big tight hug from her mum. Mira was amazed and what could be the problem. Turning she saw her dad on the bed just staring. " What happened?" Mira enquired.
" Congratulations my dear, check for yourself" was all her mum said as she gave her the phone still smiling happily.  Mira got the phone and it was her entrance exams result. she had passed and was being admitted. Though Mira didn't like the school nor was she ready to be there, she felt proud. So proud and happy that she began to cry. She was so speechless that all she could do was hug her mum and cry more.