9

Catori

"And the meerkat, pig and lion lived happily in the Pride Lands" I finished telling the story of Lion King to Layla at night as I was tucking them both in "but doesn't the daddy lion come back?" She asked "no, but he lives in heaven, watching over his son as one of the past Kings, looking down at him" I explained and she is quiet for a minute before saying "so my parents are watching down on us like Simba's father?" She asks and i give a small smile saying "yes and they will always live inside your hearts" I said and kissed her forehead "okay, it's time for bed" I say and tucked her in as she smiled then I kissed Jamila's forehead "thank you, Ummi" Layla says and i smile "you're welcome" I say moving a strand of black away from her face then I stood up to sleep on my side when I heard "Ummi?" I jumped startled "Jesus! Don't do that!"

I turned meeting dark brown eyes as he snickers "you find this funny!?" I say punching his shoulder and he carries on. "I think you owe be a big explanation" he says and I sigh. I knew it was coming, either I liked it or not, I just knew. "Not here" I say and he nods then we walked out my chambers.

We ended up walking in this beautiful garden, the moon shined down full. We sat on the bench and I sighed "I didn't run away, I was kidnapped........" I say and trailed off then I looked down.

How can I tell him? How do I tell him?

My heart ached in fear if he might burst out in anger if I told him but the guilt is killing me in the inside. I was quiet and he cought that as he lifted me chin, my eyes meeting his as he wipes a my tear with his thumb which I didn't know was there "it's okay, tell me" he says softly with a rich voice.
My eyes trailed off down on the grass as I wiped my slipping tears ".......then he raped me" even if by not looking at him, I felt his anger boiling inside, his face that was once soft turned into stone angry "Who?" He demanded and i was quiet and I choked out a sob ".....Akhim...." I say then all my emotions got out as I started crying. "I'm sorry" I cried out then I felt his warm arms bringing me into a warm embrace "no, I'm sorry" he says and I hugged him back "I'm sorry I wasn't there to protect you." He says as he runs his hand in my hair, kissing my forehead gently as I sobbed "I will protect you from now on, i give you my word" he reassures "he won't touch you ever again, nor will anyone else"

"Tutankhamun?"

"Yes?" He asks "Can I sleep in your chambers tonight?" I ask softly and he gave a genuine smile "of course. You don't have to be afraid, I'm here, I'll always be here" he says and a wash of guilt hits me.

Will he? He died in history.....no.
I can't let that happen. He is a great guy, why would someone want to kill him? I have to save him but I just don't know how....

We returned back to Tutankhamun's chambers and they are way bigger than mine. He got on the bed and I snuggled next to him, my eyes meeting his as I am drawn to them everytime I see them. I want to say it, those three words everyone in love wants to hear but everytime i bring myself to it, my heart drums faster, my mind races nonstop "thank you" I whisper instead and he smiles "you're welcome" he says and meets my lips with his soft ones "now tell me......" He says as I listened "Ummi?" He asks for the second time and I chuckled lightly causing him to chuckle "I escaped and passed out. Then Layla helped me bringing me to her house then I helped them. They're parents passed away and they have no one else......can they stay with us.... please?" I asked the last part softly then he grabs my hands in his "Of course they can" he says and I breath a breathe of relief and he chuckles as I rolled my eyes. We kissed then he wraps his arms around me and we both fell asleep.....

I ran as fast as my little legs could take me, through the bushes and slipping in the mud but I got up again, continuing running. When I got there, fire everywhere, everyone was screaming, others were killed "mama!" I call out as I don't see her in sight but I spotted my elder brother, crying over a body....."Mama!!!!" I run and knelt next to her dead body, crying my eyes out. Looking around, I saw the bad tribe killing my tribe people, others were tying them and I saw that they left the kids and tied the adults on a pole, kids were hugging their parents which were tied crying as they soothe them, I ran to find my father when I saw my grandfather on the ground, I ran to him, blood pouring on the dirt.
I was scared, I was beyond scared "apa!" I cry out and went over to him. His eyes were still opened "Catori, my child......you need to leave"

"No! I can't leave you" I cry as tears formed on my dirty cheeks "listen to me...." He says and coughs and I cry, I came closer as he whispered "you are the chosen spirit and you have destiny to fulfill........" He says and took out a ring with an eye "you must leave here while you can an........and save another soul.....he is your destiny...." He coughs out "who?" I ask and before I knew it, his eyes were closed. "apa!" I shake him but he didn't wake up, hot tears tricking down my dirty cheeks as I try and find my brother and sister....

They took them, our village people and I couldn't find my father. But my sister was carrying me as I cried as we saw them all, forced to cross a river....my sister shouted "I will take care of them!!!" To our father if he was with them "they are mine now!!!" She reassured the elders of our village that the kids would all be safe and would be taken care by her....

If only that were true...

I gasped, panting for air as I registered where I was. It was in the morning, I was in Tutankhamun's chambers and I saw him getting up "Is something wrong, are you okay?" He asks me and regained my breathing then I offered a small smile "I'm fine....just a bad dream......" I say and he nods rubbing my arms soothing me as he brings me on his chest, finding myself lying on his chest.

It's like I was reliving it and it was all real. Hearing Tutankhamun's soft breathing on my hair and his steady heart beating made my nerves calm down. I brought my hand as I saw the Eye of Horus ring the one my grandfather gave me.

Is it real?
All this time asking myself

Was Tutankhamun my destiny?

'Save another soul' I heard my grandfather's voice ringing in my ear. Was I destined to save his soul all along? All this time, those feelings I used to have about Tutankhamun, about how unfair it was for him to not live like a normal kid, all that feeling like I wanted to go back in time and change everything, all those kids at school, laughing at me everytime i mentioned Tutankhamun and history.....it was all destiny.....and my Destiny was to save him, spare his young soul..

If that is my Destiny then I will. I will save him. No matter what but I will.

I have to because........"I love you....." I mutter out "hmm?" I hear him say as his eyes were closed "I love you" I softly say, my heart drumming faster as I was flashing when I saw his smile as he opened his eyes slowly "I love you too" he replied and I smiled wildy... I don't think I've ever smiled this wildy in my life.....