3 || The New Recruit

Hawks' P.O.V.

Dabi led us down a small alley and over to a door on the side of the building, 'This must be their hideout.'

Dabi opened the door. "Come on." He said impatiently. He walked through the door and I followed him inside.

The hideout was a dimly lit bar and had a group of villains in the main room. Dabi was standing to my left, his hands in the pockets of his jacket. The leader of the League, Tomura Shigaraki, was sitting at the bar, he had a grey mask in the shape of a hand covering his face. Behind the counter of the bar was the villain known as Kurogiri, he served as the villains' warp gate. Standing against the wall was the villain Spinner, his arms were crossed and he was staring directly at me. Another person along the wall was a man with grey hair smoking a cigarette, whom I didn't recognize. Sitting at a booth were the villains Himiko Toga, Twice, and Magne, they stopped the conversation they were having and looked at me. At a small table at the opposite end of the bar sat the last two villains in the room, Mr. Compress and Puppet Master. Puppet Master was looking at me through her mask and though I couldn't see his eyes, I assumed Mr. Compress was doing the same since he was facing me.

The room was dead silent and all eyes were on me.

"You brought us the number two hero?" The villain Magne sounded confused.

"I tested his loyalty, he took Best Jeanist out of commission." Dabi replied.

"I hope you're not compromising us Dabi." Shigaraki said dryly. The one eye visible from behind his hand mask was studying me.

I felt the tip of my right wing being moved and looked to see Himiko Toga fiddling with a few of the feathers. 'When did she get there?' I questioned pulling my wing away from her grip, she was one to look out for.

"It would be wise to behave yourself, Toga." Mr. Compress said. "We wouldn't want him to think we are breaking character."

"But I wanted to play with his feathers, they look so cool on TV." Toga whined as she went to sit back down.

"Why do you want to join the League and what useful things can you offer to us?" The man made out of black and purple fog asked towards me.

"I'm the only one of the heroes that understands you people, buuuuuut no one will listen and actions are much stronger than words," I explained, "And since I am currently the number two hero, I can provide information."

"Think he's useful enough?" Dabi asked plainly.

"Sure, why not. Just keep an eye on him." Shigaraki said.

"Fine." Dabi groaned.

"Great job Dabi! Can't wait to work with the number two hero." Twice exclaimed shooting Dabi a thumbs up.

'This mission may not be too bad.' I thought.

"We will need contact information." Kurogiri said pulling out a pad of paper along with a cheap pen.

"Yeah." I walked over to the bar and took the pen from Kurogiri's wispy hand. I wrote down my contact information on the pad of paper.

Hawks
# - XXX-XXX-XXXX

I handed the pad of paper and the pen back to Kurogiri who took out a phone and tapped on the screen, briefly looking back at the pad of paper.

My phone started to ring in the pocket of my jacket and I took it out, it was an unknown number. Before I could answer the call the ringing stopped and the call was ended before it even began.

"I was simply confirming the number you gave me." Kurogiri said to me, putting the phone in his hand down on the counter.

"I'm gonna head out, you kids have fun." The man with the grey hair said, "Call me if you need something." He walked out the door of the bar.

"I'm leaving too." Dabi stated and he turned to leave.

"Fine, everyone can leave." Shigaraki said.

"Cya guys!" Toga said cheerfully as she skipped out the bar.

Spinner left quietly.

I noticed that Puppet Master didn't leave but went up some stairs next to the counter of the bar. 'I wonder where those go.' I wondered.

I decided to speak my mind, "Hey, where does that go?" I asked Kurogiri pointing to the stairs.

"The roof." That was about as straight forward of an answer as one can get.

"Am I allowed to go or does Shigaraki want me here?"

"You should be good to leave, are you able to be back here by seven forty-five tomorrow night?"

"Yeah, probably." I shrugged, "I never have anything past six pm besides nightly patrols, which I can get out of."

"Good, that is all." Kurogiri finished.

Half the people in the bar had left and the people who were still here were Me, Kurogiri, and Shigaraki at the bar. Then there was Twice and Magne sitting at a booth talking, and Mr. Compress at the little table on the side. It was for the most part quiet.

I sighed and walked out of the bar, 'That didn't go too badly.'

I stood outside by the door and looked up, the building wasn't all that tall. I opened my wings and let them carry me up towards the roof, interested in what Puppet Master was doing since she was the only one who didn't say anything in the time I was there. I wanted to talk with her, maybe get her to trust me a bit more.

I flew up above the roof and looked down to see Puppet Master standing at the edge of the building, looking out. I landed on the roof behind her and walked towards her.

A/N: Art!