28 || Getaway

Third Person P.O.V.

It didn't take long after Puppet set off the alarms for the police and a few small-time heroes to arrive.

Puppet and Mr. Compress got out of the building through the back door. They both climbed onto the top of the building and overlooked the authorities that had shown up.

"It's the League of Villains!" One of the police called in surprise, looking up at where the two villains were.

"Greetings good people of the authorities, how are you all on this fine evening?" Mr. Compress called down starting up a casual conversation.

One of the police officers drew their handgun and pointed it up at the two, "Villains! Surrender or face the consequences!" He yelled, he sounded somewhat nervous.

"Guns..." Puppet muttered, "Why is it always guns?"

"Unamused, my dear?" Mr. Compress inquired noticing how bored she seemed.

"Quite." Puppet answered back, "Last time I was against someone with a gun they didn't even get the chance to shoot it."

"Well shall we make this a bit more interesting then?" He asked.

She smiled sinisterly, "And how shall we do that?"

"Villains!" One of the heroes yelled causing their attention to turn back to them. "You have five seconds!"

The hero began to count down.

"Five!"

"Four!"

"Three!"

"Two!"

Right before the hero said one both Mr. Compress and Puppet turned and ran.

"Catch them!" A voice yelled out an order.
——

Puppets P.O.V.

Both Compress and I ran from the place we were originally standing on the rooftop. I glanced behind me, the heroes had jumped up behind us and started to chase us.

I smiled. Time for a chase.

We were lucky that over the years of villainy we had both obtained high levels of stamina. It had been around five minutes of straight sprinting on the rooftops.

Compress' hat flew off his head and over the side of the building.

"I've got it, keep running." I said clearly and jumped off the side of the building. My strings shot from my hand and gripped onto the side of the building, digging into the brick wall.

I reached out and caught Compress' hat midair and swung along the side of the building, using my feet to run along it. I only stayed on the wall for a few moments before I jumped down to the ground.

I ran forward keeping pace with Compress from the ground. Bullets whizzed past me and I realized I was being chased by the police who were following me on foot.

At some point I sprinted a bit ahead of where Compress was and turned into an alley directly in line with his path.

"Catch!" I yelled as I threw his hat up and out of the alley into the sky above. The hat was caught by Compress when he jumped over the alley. He placed the hat back on his head in one swift movement.

I swung myself onto the rooftops and ran behind Compress as we escaped the heroes that were still pursuing us.

"Ready to take an exiting bow?" Compress asked after around another half-minute of running.

I nodded with a mischievous grin plastered on my face.

"Turn..." He spoke. I waited for his signal. "Now."

We both stopped dead in our tracks and spun on our heels to face the heroes. Our stopping caused the heroes to halt as well, they were several yards away from us.

I reached over and interlaced the fingers of my left hand with the gloved fingers of Compress' right hand. We swung our arms into the air then back down as we both dramatically bowed.

Compress threw out multiple marbles and snapped his fingers. Smoke decompressed and blocked the heroes' vision of us.

"Clear this smoke!" Someone demanded from the other side.

Compress and I both jumped off the roof and onto the street below. We ran across to the opposite side of the street and disappeared into the shadows of an alley. Compress ran farther back into the darkness while I pressed my back against the wall of the alley and looked out to make sure no one was following us.

"Stand back!" Someone shouted from up on the rooftop where we had just jumped from. A few seconds later the smoke was blown away by a strong gust of wind.

"Locate them!" Someone ordered.

I stopped watching and slinked back into the alleyway to meet Compress.

"They're trying to find us." I told as I approached him.

"Then I'd say it's time we go." He said.

"Agreed." I nodded a single time.

We traveled on foot for a bit before we decided to hop back onto the rooftops and kept heading in the same direction; West.