39 || Caught

Eraser Head's P.O.V.

When I got there it was complete chaos. Every single hero was fighting wispy white entity's, there were dozens of them. Some fallen heroes lay on the ground with their unclaimed souls hovering just above them. I looked around for Puppet, she wasn't fighting alongside her souls.

I watched as Endeavor burned through multiple souls that were attacking him. The souls morphed into small clusters of light, then they burned out.

"Where is she?" I called to Endeavor.

"If you're asking about Puppet Master, she slipped away after releasing her souls on us. Some others found her a few times, but the ones that did only reported it before their lines went flat, though one of them told us she was somewhere south."

Ryuku swooped in and crushed two souls with her powerful claws. "She's purposely not leaving the area, we need to find her."

I looked south, there was a line of buildings, though they were almost all rubble at this point.

"I'm going!" I called then started to run to the buildings.

——

It was much quieter near the buildings than on the main battlefield. But though it wasn't the main battlefield, to me it would be just as deadly, I knew that fully well.

I ran through the rubble and half-destroyed buildings until I came to a building that had quite a gruesome sight.

There was a hero in a dark red hero costume hanging from several black strings, he was completely limp. His neck hanging in an unnatural position with a string around it, leading me to believe that's how he died, his neck had been snapped. I recognized him as the hero who wanted me to tell him more about Puppet back in the police station. It was the hero Heartburn.

I was on Puppets path, she was close.

I shook the image of Heartburn from my mind and kept moving. I needed to find Puppet before she killed anyone else.

I traveled over to another building. This building wasn't too destroyed and was for the most part intact, only part of it was blown in.

I heard the faint sound of footsteps coming from the floor below me. Following the sound, I walked over to a hole in the concrete floor beneath me and looked through it, down to the level below.

The footsteps belonged to none other than Puppet, she was walking around on the floor below. She already looked somewhat battered, leading me to believe she was at least a bit injured.

Pulling my goggles over my eyes, I erased her quirk and jumped down from above, landing practically on top of her. I tackled her to the ground with my arms, we both fell and she let out a surprised gasp.

Before I could pin her down and immobilize her, she swiftly maneuvered her body and jumped away.

She stood up straight and a cracked smile appeared on her face, "I didn't expect I would be seeing you so soon, Eraser."

"Why didn't you kill me?" I demanded referring back to our last encounter with each other.

"Isn't it obvious? I wanted you to get away. I enjoy the thrill of the chase, no matter what end of it I'm on." Puppet answered me with a sly smirk.

I lunged at her, trying to catch her quickly. She jumped back and threw two knives at me, forcing me to back up too. We were now on opposite ends of the destroyed room from each other.

She was currently just out of my preferred range for my scarf, not that I would use it anyway. I wanted to refrain myself from using my capture weapon as much as possible since Puppet could also manipulate it in a way that would benefit her more than myself.

I watched as she pulled her dagger from her right boot and held it in front of her with the blade tilted towards me threateningly. Before I left the police station, Tsukauchi provided me with a new dagger myself, so I pulled that out from its hilt on my belt.

She ran at me with a posture that suggested she would slash at me the first chance she got. I kept jumping around the room to avoid her attacks and she ended up throwing five knives at me- one of which shallowly cut my upper left arm.

When we did manage to get in close range with each other, it turned into a battle to disarm the other of their blade. Puppet succeeded in kicking my dagger from my hand and I ended up using my capture weapon to grab her wrist and fling her dagger away before we both jumped back again.

After a while, I noticed the fight wasn't going anywhere. I was getting dry eye now, it was nowhere near ideal. I had to end this, now.

She had plenty of opportunity's to throw knives at me, but she never did. I could tell she was trying to hide it, but I knew her supply of throwing knives had run out. Using this opening, I charged at her close range.

Before she could back up, I was able to grab her right arm and twist it behind her back earning a yelp of pain from her. Now I was no sadist, but I had to admit, hearing her in pain was satisfying to say the least.

Grabbing her shoulder from behind, I slammed her against the nearest wall and locked her in place, "Give it up, Puppet. You're done." I snapped sternly.

"Let go, dammit." She groaned, trying pointlessly to kick me away with her feet. It was probably her last idea as a way to escape, she was completely pinned by me.

"No. At this point it's illogical for you to resist and fight back." I stated.

"You think I care?!" She was breaking her normal character, yelling at me like that, usually she was calm and at times overly cocky with her words. She placed her foot flat against the wall and attempted to push herself back into me and force me away. In order to avoid her succeeding, I quickly pulled her off the wall and pushed her to the ground. I placed my shin on her back and leaned a good portion of my weight onto her, keeping her down and pinned to the ground.

Keeping my right hand firmly holding her right arm behind her back, I used my other hand to grab a coil of my scarf. I wrapped it around both her hands and wrists, wrapping it about halfway up her forearms, completely restricting her quirk and binding her arms behind her back.

Since her quirk usage was now restrained, I deactivated my quirk and blinked to rehydrate my irritated eyes.

"Release your souls, it's over for you." I told her while still holding her down.

She sighed, "So it would seem."

She fell silent for a moment and slightly shook her head as if she had a bad headache.

I got off her and sat her upright so she was sitting with her back against a large piece of rubble. I sat down on the floor beside her, knowing she was downed and restrained.

'I won, she's finally going to go into custody.' I thought, 'I won.'

I turned to her, "How does it feel losing to me?" I mocked the exact phrase she said to me back in the theater. The feeling of satisfaction that saying those six words brought to me was outstanding.

"You remember exactly what I said?" She asked, "Wow, do I really have that much of an influence on you?"

'Yes.' That was the correct answer, but I wasn't going to let her know that, so I changed the subject, "You're going to Tartarus. And I'm going to enjoy watching you rot in a cell."

"Good to know you'll enjoy it." She said in a sarcastic tone.

We sat there in relative silence for a few moments before I decided to get this over with.

I grabbed her upper arm and forced her onto her feet, "Time for you to go away for a long while." I told her.

"Yeah, yeah." Puppet responded in a bored tone.