Chapter 13

His POV

The explosion rocked the building as the guards rushed out of the detainment center.

"Are they being attacked?" the witch in the cell next to me asks.

"Are we being rescued?" I hear someone else say.

Dust and pieces of the cement above the cells crumble onto the floor around us. Tuning in to the floor above me, I can hear shouting as guards run around.

"Is that your two-hour timer?" Felix asks me, a smug look on his face.

"That would be it," I smile, "Now time to break these chains."

"And how exactly are you planning on doing that?"

I give him a smirk as push my muscles and veins out. I feel the familiar pain run through my body as the bones grow larger. I growl lowly as I hear the metal resist against me.

Finishing my shift into the full lycan, I pull my arms forward. There is a small tug back before the metal is ripped from the cement wall. Bringing my wrists forward, I wrap my claws around the clasp and snap it in two.

Snapping the leg shackles too, I move to the door of the cell. The silver burns as I push against the bars. Focusing my anger over the last few months into my mind, I push the door again. The hinges break off and the door clatters to the ground with a deafening bang.

"Damn," Felix mutters lowly to himself.

Relaxing my body, I begin the process of shifting back. I feel my bones and muscles contract as I move towards the end of the hall.

"Hey! I thought you were getting us all out!" Felix calls down the hall.

"I am," I growl as I move towards the door. Crushing the knob in my hand, I throw open the door. I notice the control room for the cells is empty as I make it over to the set of computers.

Pulling up the command screen, I scroll down to the cell lock controls. Hitting a few buttons, a hear a light chime as a pop-up enters the screen.

Enter Password:

"Fuck!" I growl.

"Turn around slowly," a voice stutters behind me. Raising my hands from the keyboard, I turn to see a squirrelly little man in a white lab coat holding one of the guard's pistols, "I don't know how you got out, but you are going back to your cage."

"That's not going to happen," I tell him calmly.

"Yes, it is," he stutters as he takes a step closer to me, within my arm's reach. He lifts the gun between us and points it dead center at my chest.

Big mistake.

Moving quickly, I wrap my hand around the barrel of the gun and twist it out of the man's hand. He squeaks at the movement. Throwing the gun to the other side of the room, I move closer to wrap my hand around his throat and squeeze.

"Do you want to live?"

He nods his head up and down quickly as he starts crying. Turning us around, I move my hand to behind his neck and push his face towards the computer.

"Type in the password."

The man quickly types on the keyboard and I hear the alarm sound about the cells as the doors slide open.

"Did you open all of them?" I ask, putting pressure on his throat with my claws. He just nods in response, "The restricted cells and unlocking the chains too?"

"Yes!" he cries, "I opened all of them."

"Open all the doors too."

"The doors?" he quivers.

"Every door with an electronic code. Turn them all off."

He nods as he goes back to typing. The second he hits enter, the lights in the room turn to a flashing red as a voice over the alarm sounds.

"Prisoners have escaped."

"What did you do?" I growl at the man.

"Nothing! I swear. Someone on the security floor must have seen the cells open through the cameras."

"Turn them off," I order.

"I can't. You can't do that from here."

Lifting him up, I turn him around to face me, "That makes you no longer useful to me."

I twist his head, snapping his neck before I let his body crumble to the ground.

"That was brutal," Felix comments as he enters the room. I take in the three people he brought with him. One witch and two vampires.

"Where is everyone else?"

"They scattered," the girl said. I recognized her as the witch from the cell next to mine, "I say we do the same thing."

"I can't. Not yet."

"What do you mean?" Felix asks as he walks over to me.

"I need you to take me to the R&D lab first," I tell him.

"What? Why?" he asks.

"It's part of the plan," I tell him, placing a hand on his shoulder, "Trust me."

He takes a moment and lowers his head. When he looks back up, he shakes his head slightly, "You better not get me killed."

"Wouldn't dream of it," I smile for the first time since I was brought here, "Lead the way."