Chapter 18

Her POV

Pulling up the dirt drive, I felt myself start to come alive again after the fourteen-hour drive. As the ranch house comes into view, my nerves start to shake me to the bone.

"I haven't-" I choke down my words as I wipe the tears from my eyes with the back of my hand, "I haven't seen her since the day she was born. I couldn't even call to check on her without them knowing."

As Phoenix puts the car in park, he reaches over the console to hold my hand in his.

"We both missed so much already," he says as he rubs the back of my hand with his thumb, "I don't want to miss anymore."

"Me either," I cry softly as he lifts our hands to his face. He lays a kiss on the back of my hand, "Let's go see our daughter."

Nodding, we both leave the car. I watch the front door screen open as Phoenix's cousin Roman comes out onto the porch. Roman is a huge wall of muscle with short brown hair. He reminds me of Phoenix as he stands there. He smiles at us as Phoenix stays by my side and wraps his arm around my waist.

"Thea!" Roman calls back into the house, "They're here."

A few seconds later, Roman's soul joins him on the porch. Her long blonde hair is over one shoulder. She looks like a model and as she stands next to Roman, they seem like a perfect match. The first thing I noticed when I had first met her months ago is her eyes. Her eyes hold a kindness I never knew could exist in a person.

Even as they leave the porch, my eyes never leave the little bundle she's holding in her arms. I use my hand to cover my fast heartbeat.

"Look whose here, little Ella," Thea says, shifting her slightly, "Mommy and Daddy are home."

We move closer together until Phoenix and I are staring down at our daughter. Ella's dark brown eyes look up at us as she gives us the greatest smile I have ever seen.

Holding my arms out, Thea places Ella into them. I bring her closer to us as Phoenix runs his hand over her brown hair, "Hi baby girl."

I hear Roman say something about seeing us in a few days so we can have some time alone before he leaves with Thea. I don't hear anything or even say goodbye as I continue to smile down at my daughter.

"You're so perfect," I whisper down to her.

"Just like her mom," Phoenix says as he kisses my temple. Moving closer, I hand Ella to him. He tells her how much he loves her as he kisses her forehead and rocks her against his chest.

Looking at my husband and our daughter, I thank whoever it is up above for bringing my family home.

The entire day is spent together as a family. We talk about the torture Phoenix had to endure. I held him as he told me about the arena fights and the little girl who had died when he had refused. I told him about the day when he went missing and how I went to Jacob for help.

His anger exploded when we talked about my choice to join the hunters. But the second I mentioned never seeing Ella grow up if he died, his anger evaporated. He knew there was no other way to get to him and to stop the hunters. He may not have liked my means, but he couldn't argue that it didn't work.

We called Jacob and talked to him about those who escaped with us. The wolf Felix decided to join the pack, but the rest of the witches and vampires left the second the pack healer gave the all-clear.

There were still almost two dozen prisoners unaccounted for. Phoenix said that they had left the moment the cell doors opened, but Jacob hadn't been able to track any down.

I then told Jacob about Dr. Anderson and how he most likely got away. He had been the hunters' weapon specialist for the last five years. He knows every secret the hunters have. He needs to be found as soon as possible.

After talking with Jacob and a quick conversation with Zea about how everyone was safe and happy, we hung up the phone and focused our attention completely on our little Ella Marie.

Phoenix and I both kept Ella and each other in our line of sight almost the entire day. When it was finally time to put Ella down for bed, I didn't want to let her out of my arms.

I rested my head against Phoenix's shoulder as we stood watch over her for nearly an hour after she had fallen asleep.

"It's time, Sunshine," he kisses my temple as he grabs the baby monitor and moves us out of the room. Giving one last glance towards Ella's crib, we shut the door to the nursery and head to our bedroom.

He cradles my face in his hands. He kisses me like a drowning man and I'm his only source of air. Our movements are passion-filled and sped up as we try to replace every moment of our time apart with that kiss.

"I love you so much Sunshine," he kisses me again before he pulls back to stare into my eyes, "You are the love of my life. You have given me an amazing baby girl and saved my life. You are my soul."

"You have given me a family when I never thought I would have my own," I tell him as I cry, "You are an amazing husband and you are going to be an even better father. I love you more than I could ever put into words. You are my soulmate."

Neither one of us says another word as Phoenix draws me closer to him. We spend the entire night in each other's arms showing each other just how much love we share.