Chapter Thirty Eight

A/N: A double update today (less than 24 hours) so please check the previous chapter just in case you haven't seen it yet. (and I said five hours or less, but it has been six hours hahaha sorry)

This may be the heaviest chapter since this consists of what we have all been waiting for: reason and the breakup.

Warning: implied homophobia and slight violence of parent towards his child (slapping and mentions of humiliation, but nothing more explicit than that) please proceed with caution.

Long chapter ahead.

+

Rojnapat clan is now in Krabi, their family's hometown. They always have a gathering on summer break where the cousins can meet up as well as their other family members. It is the hometown of his father, Phurin. Arthit enjoys the company of his cousins since most of them share the same interest in mobile games which is usually the reason why they bond. He is not good at mingling but he tries his best just so he won't miss out on anything.

On their third day in Krabi, he saw Frank, one of his cousins arrive with a man. He is unfamiliar but he looks like he is around the same age as Frank. He is a year younger than him. They are currently on the beach for some swimming but Arthit's eyes kept on following Frank and the man he is with. The subtle touches they share doesn't pass his eyes. It reminds him of his boyfriend and the thought of him alone made Arthit smile.

"Arthit, let's get some drinks. I am so thirsty!" Ssing, his cousin suddenly approached him as he placed his arm around his shoulder so he nodded and they left the shore.

As they are close to the cottage, they both stopped when a sound that sounded like a slap was heard. He and Ssing immediately exchanged looks as they looked for where it came from.

Arthit gasped upon seeing Frank holding his left cheek in front of his father, uncle Dom and his mother, aunt Min. The guy beside him seems to be comforting him.

"Repeat what you said Frank!" his father raised his voice. It caused both Arthit and Ssing to flinch.

"This is my boyfriend, Drake." Frank said bravely and another slapped landed on his face. It caused Arthit to cover his mouth in shock.

"What the hell are you talking about Frank?! What boyfriend?! Is this what university has thought you?!" his father continued to speak. Arthit can see Drake raise his arm to shield Frank in case his father charges again.

"Frank sweetheart, what is this? You said you were bringing someone today and so we thought you're bringing your girlfriend." Aunt Min said this time.

"Mom, there's no girlfriend," Frank replied and it made aunt Min look at him sternly.

"Frank!"

"No, mom, dad, please. You told me if I am going to introduce someone to you, it should be here in Krabi, with our family... I was hesitant... I asked you several times and you kept on shaking up the topic saying we can always talk about it here so here I am, talking about it." Frank confidently held Drake's hand in front of his parents.

Arthit doesn't even know that he was already shaking until he felt someone tap his shoulder bringing him back to his senses.

"Arthit are you okay? You're pale." Ssing asked in a soft voice, not wanting to get any attention from the family a few meters away from them.