𝚃𝙴𝙽 - ... 𝚒𝚜 𝙲𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚐

"Maybe it's your love, it's too good to be true

"Maybe it's your love, it's too good to be true."
- trip (ella mai)

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

The students and staff of Auradon Prep remained abuzz even at night fall, the whispers and chatter of Prince Benjamin's sudden breakup with Princess Audrey, how he had left her for Mal, the daughter of the oh-so-feared Maleficent. Sure, everyone wasn't much of a fan of the Princess of Auroria because of her attitude and her pristine entitlement to every luxury, but what peaked their interest was how fast Audrey was able to replace the future King of their country.

The daughter of Maleficent of all people, Audrey's nemesis as their stories kept colliding with one another. She hated Mal, but wasn't going to let a tiny little setback ruin her reputation. The tan girl immediately latched onto Chad's side, both having an equal hatred for the Villian Kids that roam the halls of their precious high school, and started dating to gain the attention of the "less famous" Auradon Prep students and use their popularity for their greater good.

Though most students didn't seem to care--since it seemed that Audrey's stuck-up attitude and Chad's playboy behaviour complimented each other well--their main focus zeroed on the Core Four, coming right off the Isle of the Lost just a few days ago. With their intentional acts of kindness and team spirit, the Auradon Prep students didn't see them as a threat anymore, realizing they were absolutely harmless.

As the day had ended with an exhilarating win and the echoes of high school drama, everyone and everything on the campus felt at peace. The week the Core Four had arrived and started schooling at Auradon Prep seemed like a blur, as if it were eons ago. Everything seemed calm and the people within it were fast asleep, their heads on fluffy pillows and wrapped in a blanket for the day ahead of them.

All except one.

In the girls' dormitory, her fingers nimbly moving across a sketchbook page, shading and hatching away at the sketch between her fingertips, sat the daughter of the fairest of them all. It was already past curfew, the sun far from rising once more as the girl worked and concentrated. Her skin glowed as the moonlight rained down on her, her body clad in grey pyjamas. The only light she had was from the moon that illuminated on her fair features, not wanting to open a lamp to disturb her roommate, Jane Godmother.

Though she remained hard at work--her tongue peeking from her pink lips and her eyebrows furrowed in concentration--her ears were plugged with the sweet music that had calmed her own thoughts. With the song, So Am I by Ava Max, bursting through her earbuds to avoid the little voices she always heard by the creatures that awoke at night, Ivy Kim used her non-dominant hand to bring the third cup of coffee she's had today to her lips.

The daughter of Snow White was so concentrated on finishing her little masterpiece before dawn, the sudden feeling of homesickness rushing over her as she stared down the miniscule detail on her work. It was a banner, Charmington's banner to be exact.