Chapter Seventeen: New York {Captain America}

The Tardis flew through the time vortex, as the hum rang out through my ears as I came around the console

The Tardis flew through the time vortex, as the hum rang out through my ears as I came around the console. Pressing buttons, entering coordinates, flipping levers. My tweed jacket slung over the leather chair closest to the doors. After helping the boys with their case, I carried on with my life, there was still people out there that needed me. I also wrote more about them, well the younger versions of them, I came across. I reached the black leather seat that was across from the space time throttle, and plonked down on it, letting out a breath. I didn't seem to get a break due to what's happened, maybe a little holiday would do me good...

Just the a beeping sound began to rang out from the console. Making me roll my eyes, as I spoke too soon. I quickly got up from the seat and came to the console panel, grabbing the closest scanner and pulled it around. A message appeared on the screen, saying 'High levels of unknown energy readings'. I frown as a time period had unknown energy levels, could be anything. Alien tech source, anything from the future. A date appeared on the screen which was 1943, with the location of New York. It was best to go check it out.

I waltzed round to the left, punching in the time period, as the Tardis would track where the energy was coming from. After finishing tying, I came back to the space-time throttle and pulled it back up, as the Tardis was already in flight. The Tardis began to land, making the noise it does, and within seconds it quakes to a stop. I went around the left-side of the console, and grabbed my jacket, shrugging it on as I headed to the door. I opened the left one and slipped out, as I was greeted with an alley way. As I stepped out of the Tardis, I brought the door to a close. As I looked around the alley, the Tardis was parked against a wall, just under some metal stairs that lead to a door. The top of the Tardis barely had an inch away from hitting it.

"1943. A lot happened in this year to try end the war," I spoke to myself just as a big bang of metal came ringing out in my ear. I jolted my head to the source. I could see a back of a man, his shoulders tensed like he was fighting someone. I made my way further down the ally, to see the man hitting another smaller man as he was twice his size. He reclines his arm and punches the smaller blonde dude to the ground, making him hit the garbage bin and bottles that were lying around. "Hey!" I shout down the way as the guy got up from the ground and held a bin lid as a shield. "Leave him alone," I rushed down the rest of the way as the man ripped the bin shield away from him and threw it to the floor, and punched him again. "Hey! I said stop!" I raised my voice as I latched my hand on the man's shoulder and he spun around.

"Leave lady, it's nothing to do with you," he replies in a snotty tone, ripping my hand off of him, before giving me a light push as I stumbled backwards. But the man on the ground stood back up, not ready to quit.

"You just don't know when to give up do you," the mans to him.

"I can do this all day," he replies before swinging at the man, but he counters his attack and punches him in the face once again, knocking him back down to the ground.