Chapter Forty-Four: Apollo-11 {Historical Event}

July 20th, 1969 was a day the Earth will remember and history will also remember

July 20th, 1969 was a day the Earth will remember and history will also remember. This was the day that the first crewed shuttle landed on the Moon for the very first time in Human history. Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin the first two men to every step foot on the Moon's surface, and in that time it was a big deal. 600 million people around the world, turned on their TV's and watched it. It was a marvel to behold and some would say impossible. But the world was changing for the better...

The Tardis quakes to a stop as I grabbed the metal handle of a nearby monitor - which was to my right. As I dragged the monitor writing appeared on the screen.

"So, 1969, 20th of July," I read aloud as I was reading the current date that was displayed in white bold writing on the screen. "The day the first ever shuttle lands on the Moon and Neil Armstrong takes his leap," I state excited to myself as it truly was a moment to witness with your own eyes. That is why I landed on the moon. My smiled widened as I came around the console and to the doors. I parked the Tardis not far from the landing site where the shuttle will land, and I get the best view. I got watch from the monitor but I wanted the full experience. I pulled open both doors as they came inwards and I was met with the most beautiful site, the Earth in the far distance. It was a sight to behold...

I pulled free my old fashioned pocket watch and pressed the button at the top, as the lid on the watch flipped open showing me the current time. But it read 4:15 p.m. meaning that the craft should be in orbit by now and descending onto the Moon's surface. Just as I spoke, in the distance - not far away - I could see the craft began to slowly descend down onto the surface. I watched in marvel as the thrusters were doing their jobs as they guided the men down onto the surface. Within two minutes the craft landed on the surface, as millions upon millions were watching, probably cheering. 

"The Eagle has landed," Neil Armstrong's voice rang out through the console room, as the Tardis was hooked up to their communications. As he radioed to Mission Control in Houston, Texas, which began a now-famous line. I smiled to myself as the hatch wouldn't open until 10:39 pm I stopped leaning against the left door, and sealed the lid and pocketed the watch back inside. As I watch for a few more moments as everything seemed in order. I grabbed both doors and shut them gentle, the last thing that caught my eye was the craft and the Earth behind it. Once the doors were closed, I walked back to the console, the cosmic blue in my eyes, as I came around the console to the navigation panel. 

"Just travel five hours into the future, see Neil walk on the moon," I spoke to myself as I pressed the yellow key on the keypad, as I was travelling forward in time. Once the changes were made, I took a few steps to the right, and came to the space-time throttle, placing my hand on the cool metal of the handles. I gripped the handles tightly, as I pulled them down. The Tardis began to take off as the whooshing sound echoed through the console room and the white circle of lights went around. But quickly, I rose the handles back up as the Tardis landed, the circle of lights stood still and the sound left the console room. "Quick hop," I spoke to myself as I wondered back round the console and came to the doors, only opening the left one fully and looked outside. Everything seemed the same, but the Earth was on the slightly on the darker side due to it's rotation. 

After a moment, I see the hatch of the craft began to open, meaning it was time for Neil to take his first step on the moon. I could see the legs of the space suit Neil was wearing as he began to climb out of the craft, as a camera was recording all his steps. I watch with a wide smile on my face as he was talking to Mission Control while he was going up and down the ladder, as he doesn't know what to do. I watch as he leans away from the ladder, ready to drop down onto the surface of the moon.

"That's one small step for man... One giant leap for mankind," Neil's voice came through the console room once again as I watched proud for the human race. Though they would come back in years to come, they wouldn't full inhabit Earth until centuries later. All it took was time and a dream, a dream of becoming the first nation to be on the Moon. The human race will accomplish much in the next few decades and then centuries, because it's who they are, it's what they do. They strive for accomplishment and find the best in everything they can do. No world is perfect, no world is without loss or heart ache, but time heals all - so they say. But it never truly heals the wounds we have, but time is just that... 

Time...

*******
A/n

Hey all, I'm so sorry that this chapter is short and boring, but at the moment I'm having a lack of motivation, which is weird for me. But please enjoy and the next Historical event chapter will be much longer! 

 But please enjoy and the next Historical event chapter will be much longer!