Chapter Eight

What do you think will be your family's reaction when they'll come to know about the Wrong number fiasco?

"There is this guy..."

"I knew it. Who the hell is he? Is he troubling you? Bullying you? Tell me!" Avinash urged without letting her complete her sentence and she looked at him in disbelief.

"Will you let me complete?" Nandini asked and he frowned but nodded nonetheless.

"So there is a guy in my college on whom I have a crush." She paused to see his reaction but he gave away none so she continued,

"And I am too much of a chicken to talk to him in person so my friend helped me get his number so I could atleast start a conversation with him in text. But─" She stopped abruptly and glanced at him only to find him listening carefully with his eyes narrowed.

"But what?" He asked and she smiled nervously.

"But the number turned out to be a wrong number and I talked with the wrong person." She deliberately didn't say that she was still talking with him or else he would surely kill her.

"So then after knowing that it was a wrong number, you blocked it right?" He expected her to answer in positive but she nervously bit her lip and then hesitantly nodded a yes.

"You did?" He asked again and more sternly this time. Nandini didn't know that his visit here would turn into a nightmare.

"I─I'm kinda still talking to him. But I swear he's a nice guy." She added the last line hurriedly and shut her eyes tight fearing his reaction.

"God Nandini! Are you that innocent or downright stupid? Do you have any idea what are you doing? What if he's some psychopath or a killer? You don't even know who's behind those chats and you're still talking with him? Just because he sweet talked with you for few minutes you believed him?" By the end of it Nandini was in tears and looking down at her hands.

Avinash sighed and scooted closer to her taking her in a side hug. She didn't respond but neither pushed him away.

"Nandini I'm not saying this because I enjoy it but because I'm worried about you. You have to understand that today's world is not that good as you think. You have to be careful about your surroundings. Are you getting me?" He asked and she nodded sniffing and still not looking at him.

He smiled and removed his hand from her shoulder before bumping his shoulder with hers. She didn't react but he continued it for four-five times which eventually made her chuckle and push him away.

"You are so bad. You're always making me cry." She complained wiping her tears and he chuckled looking at her red nose.

"What can I do? I love making you my personal clown." He shrugged and she looked at him in confusion.

"Whenever you cry, your nose turns red, your eyes get swollen and your cheeks get more puffed which makes you look like a clown. And I love it." He teased her and she cried loudly but then grabbed a pillow and hit him with it continously to which he only laughed.

"Okay I'm sorry. Now I'll have to leave because I have some work but you take care of yourself. Alright?" He said sternly and she nodded immediately.

Avinash didn't ask her to block the number immediately because he couldn't force his decisions on her and she was mature enough to take her own decisions but still he was his big brother and protective on top of that. He didn't want her to get trapped in any kind of scheming.

After he left Nandini sat on her bed and glanced at her phone. She wanted to check it but her brother's words rang in her ears.

What should she do?

At the end she decided to check his messages one last time and bid him bye before deleting his number.

She opened his chat and read his messages which were sent when her brother had arrived.

Sighing she started typing a reply but before that her phone went off and she jumped on her place startled

Manik calling...

Her eyes widened and a gasp escaped her lips as she gaped at her phone in utter astonishment.

Okay so this is a small story as well and please don't kill me for it :p

Also I've decided that I'll be updating both the stories on alternate days. So tomorrow will be BB's turn.

Lastly I've finally decided about what I'll be writing on my blog on tumblr. I'll be posting some short stories and random gifs of ArShi (Arnav and Khushi) over there. If anyone wants to check it out, the link is mentioned in my bio.