Chapter Ten

What if I give a sad ending? This is JUST a question!

The next day was a regular one for everyone except Nandini because the last night had been difficult for her. She kept tossing and turning on her bed and every two minutes she would check her phone.

She had hoped that he would atleast message her once to see whether she had really blocked him or not but he never did.

She had to then drag herself to the college because she couldn't miss the lectures when there was no one who would give her the notes later on.

But attending college would mean colliding with Aditi and dealing with he ignorance but today she was determined to talk to her and clear it out.

Nandini attended two lectures after which she left for the canteen but she didn't know that only entering into the canteen would shake her up this much.

There sat Aditi with her arms linked up with Ahaan and her head resting on his shoulder. She was smiling and laughing with his friends while having no clue that she was exposed.

Unwanted angry tears welled up in Nandini's eyes as her betrayal seeped in. She wanted to walk upto her and slap her infront of everyone but she wasn't the one to create a scene and that too in the college.

So she wiped her tears and throwing one last angry glance at her, she left from there.

Nandini came to the backside of the college where no one came and sat on the stairs feeling lost. She didn't know what to feel when there were so many emotions penting up inside her.

What wrong had she done? Did she ever hinted at even proposing Ahaan? Why would Aditi betray her like this? Had she cleared it from the first that she liked Ahaan as well or was his girlfriend, Nandini would've backed down the next second and not glance at Ahaan in that way again.

But this? She purposely gave her the wrong number because she didn't want her to have Ahaan's.

The more she thought about it, the more angry and stupid she felt.

Could she trust anyone now? She had trusted Aditi with everything. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

Wiping her tears, she sniffed and took out her phone looking at Aditi's number. She contemplated for a long time on whether she should call her or not but in the end she pressed the call button for another number.

The phone rang and rang but no one picked up until she felt the tears welling up again. Just when she felt defeated and was going to end the call, he picked up.

"Nandini?" Only hearing his voice and her tears came undone.

"Manik." Her voice shook and the vulnerability couldn't be missed.

"Nandini? Are you crying? What's wrong? Are you okay? Hurt? Where are you? Tell me Nandini." He was alarmed and panicked hearing her sad voice. She sniffed and shook her head trying to stop the tears.

"No I'm not." She said cutely but her voice came out hoarse and Manik chuckled instantly. Nandini frowned hearing him laugh.

"What's so funny?" She asked not so pleasantly because she was in no mood to laugh atleast now.

"Nothing. I'm sorry I just remembered something. Now you tell me what is wrong." He changed the topic and she let it go for now.

"I was going to talk to Aditi today and clear out everything like you said but ─" She stopped remembering the scene she witnessed in the canteen and clenched the phone in her hand.

"But?" His voice cut through the tension and she sighed.

"But I saw something which she was trying to hide since these past few days. Now I don't know what to do." And she really felt lost as her anger died down and she thought about it.

She had no problem with their relationship but the fact that she hid it and yet played with her.

"So you still haven't talked to her?" Manik questioned thoughtfully and Nandini frowned hard.

"How can you expect me to talk to her Manik? I know she lied and I saw it infront of my eyes." She stated incredulously as her voice rose a little.

"Nandini you saw it infront of your eyes but you still are unaware of her point of view. Maybe you assumed much more than you saw and maybe there's a different side to the story. When you communicate only then you'll get a clear view of what has happened." He explained calmly and Nandini listened to him.

"But you don't know what I saw Manik." She said quietly and he sighed.

"Whatever it is Nandini, just for once go talk to her and it can be for the last time as well because no one is forcing you to keep your relation with her intact. Its your decision. But don't regret in the future for not giving her a chance to explain." He was so sorted and she was a mess.

"Thank you." She said softly after few minutes of silence because calling him was the best decision she had made.

"No, thank you ─for trusting me."

So now this story is prolonged a little due to two idiots.