Epilogue

Do you'll have any favourite part in the whole book?

Nandini sat with her head down and nervously fidgeting with her fingers whereas Manik suppressed his smile seeing her like that.

"What was that behaviour Manik?" Her mother questioned him with a stern voice and Nandini was close to panicking.

"Mom what did I do? Nandini started it." Her breath hitched when he blamed it all on her and she could now feel all eyes on her. Not being able to take it anymore, a tear slid down her eye and she bit her lip hard to stop them.

Oblivious to her condition Manik continued with his teasing.

"I just called you because she wasn't getting out of the car and then she ran behind to hit me." He complained and it was when he heard a sniff all the mischief drained away and he froze.

"Wha─Shit! Nandini are you crying? Listen I'm sorry we were just kidding. Stop crying." He shifted close to her and hugged her close. She said nothing but continued to cry making him feel more guilty.

"Oh dear!" His mother said and sat on the other side before swatting his hand away, "Move away." She glared at him and he pouted in return.

"We're so sorry Nandini. He was just teasing you. I told him to stop but he didn't listen and here he made you cry. What a bad influence." She directed her glare at her husband who seemed flabbergasted at the turn of events.

"What? What did I do?" He asked bewildered and Nandini peeked a glance up at him before laughing at his expressions.

All three felt relieved seeing her finally laughing but she still continued to sniff every now and then. Manik hesitantly scooted closer seeing his mother's glare and somehow ignoring her, made Nandini look at him.

"Nandini I'm sorry. I promise I won't prank you ever again." He promised with a terrified face and Nandini chuckled before hiding her face behind her palms.

First they make her cry and now hell bent on making her laugh. God she must look like an idiot now.

Twenty minutes later, Nandini was sitting with his mother and he was strictly warned to spend some time with his father who readily agreed.

"Nandini are you alright?" She just nodded feeling embarrassed for crying like that infront of everyone.

"You don't need to be embarrassed dear. It's okay it wasn't your fault." His mother assured her and she smiled lightly.

"Okay let me introduce myself then, I'm Pallavi Malhotra and ─"

"I am Raj Malhotra!" A voice hollered from outside to which Nandini and Pallavi glanced at each other before chuckling.

"I'm Nandini Murthy." Nandini introduced herself and Pallavi smiled at her.

"South Indian. I like it son." Raj yelled loudly yet again and Pallavi just rolled her eyes.

"Thanks Dad." Manik replied in the same tone and this time Pallavi got up and moved out while Nandini wondered what she was going to do.

"Oww Mom"

"Ouch! You violent woman!"

She heard both of them scream in pain and pressed her lips to stop the smile. She never imagined Manik's family to be this way and she was more than comfortable here.

"Well we want to talk with her too." Manik's father complained and she got up to take a peek of the scenario outside.

Pallavi stood before them with her arms crossed and Manik and his Dad sought each other's support infront of her. Every time his father said something, Manik would nod, agreeing with him.

What a wonderful family.

Soon all of them sat together in the living room, chatting and it took her little time to open up because of her shy nature.

"Okay peeps, I have to drop her home as well and it's not just a two minute drive. So we'll take your leave." Manik announced after some time and they nodded agreeing to him.

Pallavi went to Nandini and held her hand, surprising her.

"Thank you for coming by because it is not every day we get to see our son. You see he's always busy in his work." She complained looking at Manik and he sighed before going behind her and back hugging her.

"Alright mom, now don't be upset. I'll be visiting you more often alright?" He promised and she smiled patting his cheeks.

Nandini smiled at the duo and as she looked at Manik, he winked at her causing her eyes to widen.

"She's cute. I like her." Nandini could only  blush at the compliment given by his mother.

Soon they were in his car after bidding the Malhotra's goodbye. Nandini had a smile playing on her lips as she stared out of the window while Manik glanced at her from time to time.

"Manik you're so lucky to have such parents." She finally voiced it out and he smiled as he entwined their hands.

"I know. But unfortunately my workplace is quite far from here and I cannot travel so much everyday. And so the second apartment." He shrugged and she nodded understanding his plight as well.

"But they loved you, you know." He grinned and she grinned back.

"I loved them too."

The rest of the ride they talked about random things, about their career and so on. When they finally reached her apartment, he parked his car and switched off the engine but didn't leave her hand.

"So?"

"So?" She raised her brows in return and he sighed.

"I don't want to let you go." He confessed and she couldn't stop the smile that graced her lips. Damn! Her jaw hurt from smiling too much today.

"So are we going to sleep in this car?" She teased and he looked every bit of serious.

"If that is what it takes to stay close to you." He declared and her eyes widened at his craziness. She hit him lightly and he chuckled kissing the back of her palm.

"I miss you." He pouted and she shook her head at his antics.

"Manik Malhotra you're clingy." She concluded and he rolled his eyes.

"So what? I'm clingy and I know it." She laughed loudly as he sang those lines and he joined soon. As they sobered up he sighed again knowing he had to let her go.

"Manik thank you for coming in my life." She whispered and he stared deep into her eyes. Caressing her cheeks, he pulled her face closer and kissed her forehead.

"Thank you for being in my life. You could've chosen to walk away but you didn't. So thank you." He said sincerely and she smiled at him.

"Nandini can you wait for me?" She made a confused face at the sudden question.

"I don't know when I'll be so busy that I won't be able to take out time for you. I would never avoid to intentionally of course but will you always wait for me when I'll be back?" He asked and she could sense a tinge of fear in his voice.

"Manik I don't know what the future holds for us but as long as you don't push me away yourself, I will always be there, waiting for you." She replied and he pulled her closer for a hug.

"You mean much more to me than you know Nandini." He whispered holding her close and she just snuggled close.

"We are in this together Manik." She promised and he hummed in agreement.

"Always."

Aaaand I'm done! Bonus chapters will be given simultaneously for MI and WN.
Thank you for reading this book❤️