Chapter Fourteen

What if the stranger turns out to be someone you never expected?

"Stop checking your face every two minutes. This is not a date." Avinash scowled as he found his sister being too excited for this meet. He hated every bit of it.

Firstly, the guy was a complete stranger. He knew nothing about him and doubted if even whatever she knew was true.

Secondly, he never asked his name nor did he have any interest in knowing about it because he was straight away going to warn him to stay away from his sister. He wouldn't talk anything beyond that.

Thirdly, he wondered if Nandini already had developed feelings for this guy because she seemed pretty excited and nervous at the same time. He had never seen her behave like this before and it was concerning him.

"I'm not!" She defended herself frowning and looking out of the window. He was driving to the place Manik had suggested and she had agreed.

When he researched the place, he found it too expensive for their status. Also it was a famous place and he was sure that all the big shots like actors, businessmen, singers, entrepreneurs would be visiting this place.

Then why was this guy calling her at such a place? Was he trying to show off infront of her?

"When are we going to reach?" Nandini whined gaining his attention and he looked at her with a permanent scowl on his face.

"Why are you so impatient? Are you sure he's not your boyfriend already?" He narrowed his eyes and his grip tightened on the steering wheel as he imagined it to be that guy's neck.

"What? Are you crazy? You think I'll not tell you if he proposes me?" She said angrily and he sighed loosening his grip.

She was right. She has shared everything about her life with him till now even if it was delayed sometimes, but she still has.

"Okay I'm sorry. I'm just skeptical about this mysterious guy." He grumbled the last part  under his breath but she heard it anyways.

"He's not a gang leader you know?" She teased and a small smile appeared on his lips as well.

"Stop acting over smart, okay?" He hit her head lightly and she still cried out dramatically, hitting him back.

"Don't hit the driver." Avinash yelled and Nandini glared at him in return.

"Then you stop hitting me first." He glared at her for two seconds before concentrating back ahead.

"Shutup."

"You shutup." Nandini retorted almost immediately.

"What a kid!" He muttered and it made her more angry.

"What a bully!" She said fiercely and he stopped the car before turning to her. She was still glaring at him and that caused a laugh to bubble out of him.

"Get out." He shook his head and ordered her while her eyes widened in horror.

"You're kicking me out just because I hit you? What did I do? You hit me first! I won't get out." She declared stubbornly and crossed her arms and Avinash stared at her in disbelief.

"You're such a drama queen only infront of me. Now when we will be inside you'll behave like a well mannered girl. What double faces you have." He clicked his tongue and got out of the car while Nandini kept sitting inside with her mouth hung open.

She looked around and realised that they had already reached. Hurriedly she got out and walked towards her brother who was already walking towards the entrance.

"You know what, you're the most annoying brother ever. I don't know why do I even tell you everything." She said grumpily while walking beside him and he chuckled.

"That's because you love me." He bumped his shoulder with hers and she smiled the next minute.

Now how was she going to recognise him? Wait! He must have reserved a table under his name, wouldn't he?

She went to the reception and told him the name 'Manik Malhotra'. The man called a waiter and asked him to take her to the particular table.

As they reached the table Nandini found it empty and realised he still wasn't here. She sat down along with Avinash and waited for him to come.

"Where is he?" Avinash asked with a frown as he roamed his eyes around the place while Nandini did the same.

"I don't know. He must be here soon." She replied still looking around even though she never knew how he looked while Avinash chose to stare at an anxious Nandini.

"What if he doesn't come?" He asked looking at her and trying to gauge her reaction but she was lost in her own world to realise that.

"He will come." She said and it surprised him to see how much she trusted this guy.

Now he was more eager to meet him.

Sorry for no Manan, this chapter was full of brother and sister things :p