A Heroes Return/ Surprise

Just outside of Ephyra
9 B.E.
Spike age: 19(Rank Major)
Katie Fenix age:20
Adam Fenix II age:2 and a half
Marcus Fenix:14

Spike POV:

We just made it to the Bridge entering the City. I told the Chairman and My father we would March in the City in our own gear. We have been fighting in Fort 97 to show what he'll we went through. I sent my son and wife to go with my father to get cleaned up and be presented to my family and the Carmine Family in the City. I was wearing the standard Gear armor since my Mark 1 armor was destroyed in the middle of the siege.

Me and the other 120 Gears lined up in Column formation. We stood in 12 lines often. I stood with a gear with the Regimental flag of the 32nd. I saw the streets completely cleared for us to march.
"Regiment March!" I ordered. We slowly walked down the street in unison. When the millions of people in the city saw us, they started to cheer.

"Their Roland Fenix."
"The heroes are back home."
"The Marauders are here."

They said multiple more things like calling our names. We slowly march down the streets straight to the House of Sovereigns. We saw news Crews and Saw hundreds of Gears and Onyx Guard standing behind and the sides of the Chairman and Generals and The High  Positions of the council of Sovereigns. They were all sitting down on stage.

"Regiment Right Face!" We turned as one looking straight at the Stage.

The chairman put his hand up in the air to quiet everyone. He stood up with everyone else standing behind him.

"We are glad you and men have returned, Captain or should I say, Major Fenix. I have seen it fit for his actions for him to be promoted to Major. I hope no one disagrees with me. I also see multiple gears in the 32nd be promoted. I have a memorial being made for the falling at Fort 97. I am also renaming Fort 97 into Fort Fenix. The sacrifice of the Gears there Will never be forgotten. Against all odds, Roland Fenix held the Fort, buying us time to Beat the UIR. I wish all gears who died at Fort 97 and those still living to be awarded the Embry Star, for they held our greatest values. Family, order, Diligence, Purity, Labor." The Chairman stated. Making everyone agree and applause him.

"Major Fenix, what kept you in the fight for that long." The Chairman asked, making everyone look at me. I thought for a couple of seconds before answering.

"I fought for the men and women of the COG who I see I see as brothers and sisters. I Would rather fight alongside these men and women than any army of thousands. I Fought for my son and my wife. I also fought so millions of innocents wouldn't have to die. I fought for what I thought was right. I fought so my children wouldn't have to grow up in a world full of war and death. I want them to grow up in Peace and have a long, fun life." I stated, making everyone quiet for a couple of seconds until the chairman started to clap with everyone else following.

The chairman was about to speak again when I heard a voice that I love hearing.

"DADDY, THERE YOU ARE!" Yep, my son's voice.

I looked to the side and saw him dodging a couple of police officers' arms as if their way was playing tag with him. I honestly couldn't tell if he was trying to be in trouble, but then again, I haven't taught him this stuff. He has proven to be more athletic than other kids his age; I could only guess my Genes did that to him. He finally made it to me with his tiny legs. He had the biggest smile ever, looking around at the people and the city's color than looking at me.

"Hey, daddy, what's going on?" he said, grabbing my hand with a smile. I was about to say something when I heard the Gears laugh a bit.
I could only sigh. He is just like me. But I am so proud to have him as my son.