uno

One| I Am Going To Fail!

Olivia Rose_________________

Olivia Rose
_________________

"MISS Rose—"

"Hold on." I held up my hand, blinking rapidly to get used to the bright fluorescent lights. My hands were cuffed behind my back and I was sitting on the world's most uncomfortable chair. There was also a steaming cup of coffee a few feet away from me, and even though I knew it would taste like water, my stomach was grumbling at the sight of it.

"You might be wondering why you are here, Miss Rose." The man speaks, his brown eyes glinting. He looked to be in his early forties or in his late thirties, holding a brown file in his hand and a coffee cup in another.

"I already know." I scowled, shifting in my seat so my spine wasn't digging into the metal. "And I know I committed a crime but allow me to explain."

"What's there to explain?" The one who threatened to carry me over his shoulder snarls, slamming his hand on the table and leaning forward until I could see his perfectly symmetrical features. "You hacked into our database, then almost punched my team mate—"

"Whoa, whoa, whoa." I would 've held my hands up in defense if I could. "I almost punched your team mate, keyword: almost."

"It's a crime."

"Last time I checked, it was self-defense."

"It's not self-defense if you are a criminal."

I narrow my eyes. "Well, it's self-defense if four grown men are charging at a woman!"

The man scoffed. "Woman?"

I gape. "Excuse me?" My voice was embarassingly shrill and high-pitched. "I am nineteen years old, thank you very much."

"You look like a child!"

"I do not!"

"Agent Galanis." The older man interrupts, shooting both of us a firm look. I pout, leaning back in my seat and staring angrily at the plastic table in front of me. "Please, calm down, both of you. Galanis, I suppose you didn't read the full e-mail I sent you regarding the mission, it had a few important rules that you weren't supposed to break, and you broke them all."

"Let me introduce myself." He says, clasping his hands together in front of him. "I am the Director of Cryptid Agency, I take care of all the missions and break-ins of inexperienced hackers trying to steal files from our database." He shoots me a look. "But you, Miss Rose, you hacked into a database, read all the files—"

"I didn't....read them."

"Yes. Yes, you did." He scowled. "That was some sensitive information, and as a citizen of this country, we cannot have you knowing such information. It's dangerous, not only for the entire country, but also for you." He crossed his arms over his chest, a furrow appearing between his eyebrows. "You look like a normal nineteen year old girl, Miss Rose, you aren't some A-class criminal, you live a normal life and I don't understand why you would throw all that away just to do something stupid."