cuatro

Four| Oh God, I Might Need To Bring A Bible With Me Next Time

Olivia Rose
_____________________

"THIS IS RIDICULOUS."

Katerina scoffed beside me, her dark eyes glaring at the men standing around the table. Ivanov paused, his hand freezing in mid-air as he pointed at something on the world map stuck behind him. Apollo leaned back in his chair, spreading his legs until his knee bumped into mine.

"You do realize that we have absolutely no way to find his identity, right?" Katerina continues, pointing a manicured finger at the map. "We don't know anything about him— his name, his age, his appearance. He doesn't stay in one place for too long, and last time he was seen in Germany—"

"So obviously he would travel to a country that is close to it." Emir pipes in, crossing his legs as he leans against the wall. The sunlight shining in through the window made his features appear more sharper.

"Or." I speak, uncertainty lacing in my voice. "He would travel all the way to the other side of the world. He knows we are after him, he will try to run away."

"So that closes down to countries in Asia." Ivanov grabs a marker, placing a cross on Germany and Italy. "Fantasma never travels to a place he has already been to, so that cuts out Japan, India and Indonesia."

"Thailand, Singapore and China as well." Emir says. "That leaves basically the Gulf countries."

"What about Korea?"

"No. Too predictable." Ivanov furrows his eyebrows. "Olivia, bring out the list of countries Fantasma has been to."

"In Asia?"

"Entire globe."

I nod my head, my fingers swiftly typing on the keyboard. I can finally enter the agency's database without any agents knocking at my door and literally stabbing me in the neck with a syringe.

"Let's see. Australia, Germany, Italy, Spain, Thailand, Singapore, India, Japan, America, London, China and Indonesia." I list out, Ivanov crossing out each country with a red marker. "He started with America, and then travelled all the way to India. Then London, then China. He travels back and forth a lot."

"He was in Germany. So he must go to—"

"What if he just closes his eyes and throws a dart at the world map?" Sam questions. "Maybe we should do that—"

"Sam, no."

"This is useless." Apollo finally speaks, his voice as blank as a white canvas. "We are wasting our time. Let's just admit Fantasma targets random countries, how are we going to know which state he is in? Where he is currently? How can we be four steps ahead of him when we don't even know if he is in the race?"