IV

"Peter winds up, poised to take yet another wicket!" Peter said as he, Edmund, and Susan played a game of cricket.

You sat with Lucy braiding her hair as she watched the other three. "Ow." You heard from Edmund.

"You know Lucy, you really do have beautiful hair. It's so soft and silky." You said finishing the side braid you added. "Look, we match." You said pointing to the braid you did to your own hair this morning.

"Why don't you guys believe me?" She asked. It seemed as though Lucy had been holding this question in for quite some time.

"Well, you see. We all have the mind set that we have to see it to believe it. I'm afraid it's not so easy for us to open our minds to something so extreme." You tried to come up with an excuse.

"You guys would really love it, you know." She said picking at the grass. "Narnia is beautiful."

"I'd love to hear all about it, that is if you'd be so kind enough to tell me."

"But won't Peter and Susan get mad? They don't like it when I talk about Narnia." She asked.

"I won't tell them if you don't." You smiled.

The girl had then went on to tell you about everything she saw. The snow, the forest, the faun. She told you of the lullabies and legends. She even told you about the faun, Mr. Tumnus' family history-his father.

The breaking of glass caught the two of yours attention. "The window!" You said in shock as the two of you got up to join the others.

The five of you ran inside to see the damage. "Macready's going to kill us." You said plainly.

"Well done Ed." Peter said.

"You bowled it." Edmund defended himself.

"What on Earth is going on up there?" Macready yelled from downstairs.

"The Macready!" Susan cried.

"Come on!" Peter said running towards the door.

The five of you raced through the halls in attempt to find somewhere to hide. You checked every door you could until finally you found yourselves in the spare room.

"Come on!" Edmund said as he opened the doors to the wardrobe.

"You've got to be joking." Susan complained.

"I don't think we have any other options, do you?" You retorted. You ran to the wardrobe being the first one in. It was very crowded as the five of you were cramped inside of the wardrobe.

"My toe!" Lucy cried.

"I'm not on your toe!" Edmund said.

"Ouch! Is someone poking me?" You asked as the five of continued to back up.

Eventually you ended up falling onto something quite cold. You look down to see what looked, and felt, like snow. You then turn around to see what you never thought you'd ever see.

"You guys..." you started as you pulled the branches apart and stepped into the open area. You looked around amazed at what you saw. You turned around to see Peter and Susan following your lead.

"Impossible." You heard Susan say in disbelief.

"Don't worry. I'm sure it's just your imagination." Lucy teased, mocking what her siblings had told her before.

" I don't suppose saying we're sorry would quite cover it." Peter replied.

"No, it wouldn't." Lucy said before proceeding to throw a snowball at her brother. "But that might!" She laughed.

Everyone, excluding Edmund, began to throw snow at each other. You hit Peter in the back of the head laughing at how fast he turned around. Before you knew it he had retaliated and you felt a snowball brush your shoulder.

"Ow!" You heard Edmund cry when he inevitably was hit. "Stop it!"

"You little liar." Peter scolded his brother.

"You didn't believe her either." He defended himself.

"Apologize to Lucy." Peter demanded. "Tell her you're sorry!"

"Alright! I'm sorry." Edmund said.

"That's okay. Some children just don't know when to stop pretending." Lucy replied using Edmunds words against him.

"Very funny." He said sarcastically.

"Maybe we should go back." Susan said in an instant.

"Shouldn't we at least look around?" Edmund asked.

"I think that Lucy should decide. She was here first after all." You said.

"I agree." Peter smiled at you then at Lucy.

"Well, I would love for you all to meet Mr. Tumnus!" She said enthusiastically.

"Well then, Mr. Tumnus it is." Peter said.

"But, we can't stay here dressed like this." Susan said as Peter returned to the wardrobe.

"No, but I'm sure the professor won't mind us borrowing these." He said returning with coats for everyone. "Anyway, if you think about it logically, we're not even taking them out of the wardrobe.

"Thank you." You said when Peter handed you a coat. He nodded and slightly blushed.

"But that's a girls coat!" Edmund complained.

"I know." Peter said causing you to let out a small laugh.