VIII

You were now now all on your way to Aslan's camp.

"Now, Aslan's camp is near the stone table, just across the frozen river." It was a beautiful sight but judging by the distance this would be a long journey.

"River?" Peter questioned.

"The rivers been frozen solid for a hundred years." Mrs. Beaver responded to the worry she could see on all of your faces.

"It's so far." You said.

"Well, it's the world dear. Did you expect it to be small?" Mrs. Beaver asked.

"Smaller." Susan snarked rolling her eyes at Peter.

•••

The group of you were now quite a ways down the river. You were all exhausted but had to keep going.

"Come on humans! While we're still young." Beaver called back to the four of you.

"If he tells us to hurry one more time, I'm gonna turn him into a big fluffy hat." Peter jokes letting Lucy onto his back.

"Hurry up! Come on!" Beaver yelled.

"He is getting a little bossy." Lucy says.

"No behind you! It's her!" Mrs. Beaver shouts causing the four of you to turn around. You all lay eyes son her slay and start to run as fast as you can.

"Hurry! Inside!" Beaver yells as he's instructing you all to hide inside of the small caved area. You all quieted as you heard the slay come to a stop. You clutched onto Susan's coat as a shadow appeared before it walked away.

"Maybe she's gone." Lucy whispered after a pause of silence.

"I suppose I'll go look." Peter said starting to stand.

"No! You're worth nothing to Narnia dead." Beaver stopped him.

"Well neither are you Beaver." Mrs. Beaver said trying to stop him.

"Thanks sweetheart." Beaver said holding her hands dearly before leaving.

"Oh my..." you sighed scared of what might happened. Susan grabbed your hand as you all waited.

"Come out! Come out!" Beaver said as he scared the group of you peeking over the top. "I hope you've all been good cause there's someone here to see you!"

"What?" You asked as you all walked out into the opening. "S-Santa?" You questioned a bit shocked yet amused.

"Merry Christmas sir." Lucy smiled walking towards him.

"It certainly is, Lucy, since you have arrived." He said.

"Look, I've had to put up with a lot since we've gotten here but this..." Susan started.

"We thought you were the witch." Peter interrupted his sister.

"Yes, yes, I'm sorry about that, but in my defense I have been driving one of these a lot longer than the witch." He said.

"I thought there was no Christmas in Narnia." Susan said.

"No. Not for a long time." Santa said. "But the hope that you have brought, Your Majesties, is finally starting to weaken the witches power. Still, I dare say, you could do with these." He grabs his giant bag and placed it on the ground chuckling.

"Presents!" Lucy squeals.

"The juice of the fire-flower. One drop can cure any injury." He said handing it to Lucy. "And though I hope you never have to use it." He then handed her a dagger.

"Thank you sir, I think I could be brave enough." Lucy said.

"I'm sure you could. But battles are ugly affairs." He told her. He reached into his bag and pulled out a bow and arrows. "Susan. Trust in this bow, and it will not easily miss."

"What happened to "battles are ugly affairs"?" Susan asked taking the "gift".

Santa chuckled. "Though you don't seem to have a problem making yourself heard, blow on this and wherever you are, help will come."

"Thanks." She said taking the horn.

"Y/N." He said causing you to take Susan's place. "This is for you, my dear."

"It's a- a book?" You asked assuming it's nothing more that of the most consistent object in your life.

"Not any old book. This is the book of Narnia. It will tell you where to go when your lost. It will tell you where to find someone you're looking for. It will tell anything and everything about Narnia. It's been waiting for you and only you, try not to lose it." He hands the book and it's bag to you before reaching back into his bag. "These, however, will help you in battle." He hands you a set of hand claws which also seem to have shooters on the bottom. "Point at the enemy and grip this knuckle piece and the most painful spikes will hit your target. The claws I'm assuming are self explanatory." He smiles.

"Yes sir. Thank you sir." You step back.

"Peter." He says. "The time to use these, may be near at hand." He hands Peter a sword and shield. Peters sword glistens as he pulls it out of its scabbard.

"Thank you sir." Peter says.

"These are tools, not toys. Bear them well and wisely. Now, I must be off. Winter is almost over, and things pile up when you've been gone a hundred years." He chuckles putting his bag back into his slay. "Long live Aslan." He says before climbing in. "And merry Christmas!"

"Merry Christmas!" You all yell as he is on his way.

"Told you he was real." Lucy says turned to Susan.

"He said winter is almost over." Peter states. "You know what that means."

"No more ice." You say in realization.