XII

"Jadis! The Queen of Narnia!" The witches henchman announced as the witch entered the camp. "Empress of the Lone Islands!"

The soldiers of Aslan boo'd and told the witch to leave. However, they continued on.

The five of you watched as the witch approached Aslan's tent, Aslan waiting for her. The witches soldiers set her down and she stood and walked in the direction of Aslan, shooting Edmund an evil glare.

"You have a traitor in your midst, Aslan." The witch said.

"His offense was not against you." Aslan defended.

"Have you forgotten the laws in the book of Narnia upon which it was built?" She asked causing you to look down at your book.

"Do not sight the deep magic to me, witch." Aslan roared. "I was there when it was written."

"Then you'll remember well that every traitor belongs to me." She said. "His blood is my property."

"Try and take him then." Peter said drawing his sword.

"Do you really think that mere force will deny me my right, little King?" She questioned Peter. "Aslan knows that unless I have blood, as the law demands, all of Narnia will be overturned and perish in fire and water. That boy, will die on the stone table." She pointed to Edmund. "As is tradition. You dare not refuse me."

"Enough." Aslan stopped her. "I shall talk with you alone." The witch followed Aslan into his tent.

•••

Aslan and the witch had been talking for quite some time now. You sat on the ground looking through your book, the others sitting with you.

All of a sudden you heard a bunch of murmuring. You look up to see the witch exciting the tent, followed by Aslan. The five of you stood. You watched as the witch made her way back to her throne, sending another evil look towards Edmund on her way. Aslan looked to the five of you before announcing the outcome.

"She has renounced her claim on the Son of Adams blood." He said. Everyone cheered and you all hugged Edmund.

"How do I know your promise will be kept?" The witch asked. Aslan roared an extremely loud roar causing the witch to quickly take her seat. Everyone cheered. And the witch was on her way, leaving the camp.

You noticed Aslan looking down rather sadly. You made eye contact with him before he turned around. You were happy for Edmund but you couldn't shake the feeling that something was wrong. You felt a hand on your shoulder you look to see Oreius smiling down at you. You placed your hand on his and smiled back trying to not think too much into it.

•••

It was now night time and you and the girls were in your tent. Lucy and Susan were asleep as you laid there continuing to think about Aslan. You tossed and turned but couldn't manage to get past it.

You quickly sit up as you see a shadow pass the tent. That shadow didn't belong to just anyone, no. It was Aslan. You quickly get up and slip your shoes on trying not to wake the girls. You grab your bag and head for the door.

"Where are you going?" Lucy asked sitting up.

"I have to do something." You tell the girl.

"Wherever you're going we're coming with you." Susan said sitting up.

"Have you been awake this whole time?" You asked noticing how she was wide awake.

"I couldn't sleep." She admitted.

"Me neither." Lucy said.

"Fine. But you have to hurry." You said.

You led the girls outside of the tent. You look around for Aslan. "There." You whisper pointing to Aslan as he walks towards the woods. You all follow him.

You stop every once in a while so that you're not close enough where he can hear you. However, he knew you were there.

"Shouldn't you all be in bed?" He asked stopping.

"We couldn't sleep." Lucy told him. The three of you come out of hiding.

"Please, Aslan, couldn't we come with you?" You ask.

"I would be glad of company for a while." He said. You and Lucy on each side, Susan next to Lucy. "Thank you." You pet his mane as you walked.

•••

"It is time." Aslan said stopping. "From here, I must go on alone."

"But Aslan..." you started.

"You have to trust me. For this must be done." He said. "Thank you Y/N. Thank you Susan. And thank you Lucy. And farewell." He then walked away, leaving the three of you behind.

"Look." You said walking a bit faster. You crouched down behind some bushes. The girls followed and crouched with you. It was the witch and her army. They were gathered around the stone table. You made eye contact with Susan before returning your gaze to the scene in front of you.

You watched as Aslan walked through the crowd and onto the table. You couldn't hear what she was saying but you saw the witch waiting for him at the stone table. All of a sudden there were cheers and Aslan was knocked to the ground.

"No..." you whisper cried.

"Why doesn't he fight back?" Lucy asked.

"I think... I think that this was the deal." You said. "The reason Edmund got to live... The reason Aslan looked so down earlier."

The group of her soldiers then started surrounding Aslan, tying him up with rope. Then cheering began and they started shaving his fur off. They then dragged him to the table where the witch stood. With a wave of her hand she silenced her crowd of soldiers.

You all watched intently. They then began slamming their fire sticks onto the ground in unison. The cheering began again, this time with howling. The witch then kneeled to his level and began speaking to him. The three of you could not make out what she was saying.

Now the Queen stood and yelled and you could actually hear her. "Tonight, the deep magic will be appeased!" The crowd began cheering once more. "But tomorrow, we will take Narnia, forever!" Now they were cheering even louder.

"In that knowledge, despair" She raised her dagger. "And die!" She slammed her knife into Aslan, sucking the life out of his eyes.

"No!" You cried covering your mouth. You were frozen still. You then felt both Susan and Lucy wrapping you into a tight hug. But you couldn't move.

"The great cat is dead!" The witch yelled. "General, prepare your troops for battle." The minotaur then made a loud deep moo to his troops.

Aslan was dead.